Chapter XI

Two days later, everything was ready. My new suit, my badge, a forged pass card that still worked, everything. It was 10 am so I got into my car and drove off. I needed answers and there was only one person that could give then to me. That was Nick Fury.

"YOU KNOW, WHEN I PROPOSED TO GO TO S.H.I.E.L.D. I DIDN'T ACTUALLY MEAN IT."

"I know. But it's the only way."

I reached S.H.I.E.L.D. and parked my car. If everything worked as I predicted I would be inside in less than five minutes. Upon reaching the entrance a guard approached me and asked for my pass card. I gave mine and it worked.

"WHEN YOU SAID YOU WOULD INFILTRATE S.H.I.E.L.D. I THOUGHT YOU WOULD DO IT MORE STEALTHY NOT JUST WALTZ IN LIKE NOTHING IS GOING ON."

"It's the best option I got know. I can't just sneak in. Do I have to remind you that last time I was here I jumped from the 28th floor and into the water?" I said and proceeded to the main building.

"THAT WAS EASY"

Just then I heard the glass above me break and a guy fell from the rooftop landing just in front of me on his shield with such force that the floor broke. I instantly went to help him get up.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He didn't answer me, just kept looking at me. He had blond hair, blue eyes and wore a funny to me costume. It was a dark blue suit with a silver Star in his chest. I recognized him. It was Steve Rogers, the famous Captain America.

"Thanks" he said catching his breath and looking around nervously.

"Do you happen to know where Director Nick Fury is?" I asked

"Sorry I can't talk right now." He said and he was about to leave when I grabbed his arm and stopped him. I looked back and saw some guys with guns pointing at him.

"Tell me and I'll stall them for you."

"Who did you ask again?" He said and looked back again.

"Fury." I said and looked back as well.

"He's dead. It happened yesterday."

"How about Natasha Romanoff"

"Don't know where she is."

After that, I let go of his arm and headed towards the guards.

"DO YOU HAVE A PLAN?"

"I got you. Does it count?" I asked.

"WE ARE BOTH SO DEAD....."

"Oh please you are King of the dead. Besides don't you trust your abilities?"

"LET ME CORRECT YOU AGAIN. FIRST, I AM KING OF DEMONS THUS HELL. SECOND, I DON'T TRUST YOU WITH MY ABILITIES."

"That's harsh Daemon, really harsh. By the way, I don't like your name."

"EXCUSE ME?"

"I was thinking something like Edwards or Ed for short."

"WHAT?"

"So that settles it. I'll call you Ed from now on."

"THEN YOU CAN GO DIE! I CURSE YOU TO BURN IN HELL"