Chapter X

(A/N: The entire story from now on will be from the reader's point of view while in a previous chapter I did a small of Natasha. Hope you enjoy it.)

"QUICK EVERYONE SUIT UP! (N/N) YOU TOO!" A soldier said screaming at the top of his lungs. "THE SHIP HAS BEEN INTRUDED BY S.H.I.E.L.D.!"

The room was filled with whispers and the sound of guns that were picked up and loaded.

"(N/N) I have information that two of the Avengers are with them. One of them is heading as we speak towards the wheelhouse. You are to eliminate them. We will take on the other one who is on the deck" he said and offered me a gun.

"Like you can kill them with a gun..." I whispered refusing the gun and putting on my hoodie.

"What?" The sailor asked.

"I said like you can take them on or anything." I said and started running towards the wheelhouse. I was two floors below it and the engine room was the fastest way to get there.
I took a left turn then I headed straight then right and then left again. I was almost there. I opened a door only to see a woman hitting one of our troops with a pipe on the head.

"The engine room is secured" she said probably through an earpierce to the other avenger.

Then she heard me, turned around and started attacking me with a pipe. I dodged one down. Then to the left and straight to the right again. I didn't have time to look at her face then she took a step back and took her gun out. I pulled it and we raised it at the same time. We both stopped moving.

"One move and you're dead." I said.

"Really?" she said. "You think?" Then she took out her second gun. I did too.

"Yes." I said and looked at her face. I froze. It was her, Natasha. My Natasha, my best friend.... She was alive after all this time...

I didn't realize it but I lowered my guns. Of course she took advantage of it and shoot my arm. My face could not be seen under the mask.

"Natasha?" I whispered. She shoot again but I was able to dodge on time, clutching my left arm with my right one. "It really is you..." I added and she lowered her gun as I took out my hood. My face could clearly be seen now.

"(Y/N)!" She said surprised. We both hugged each other.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I was hired by them. Let's just say that they know how to pay an assassin." I said and laughed. Honestly, the last time I smiled was with her just before we got separated...
"The question is what are you doing here?"

"I work for S.H.I.E.L.D. now. This ship was hijacked by H.Y.D.R.A. I'm simply taking it back." She said. "Don't you know that?"

"Of course I do." I said and just then one of the sailors barged in holding a gun.

"Don't mo-!" He was about to say when I took a gun and shot him. Natasha was looking at me with a smirk on her face. If only she knew how I love that devilish smirk, her angelic smile and most of all her enchanting emerald eyes, in which I can be lost forever.

But then I snapped.
"It was about time." I said and smirked as well. "Wait how are you alive? All of my contacts informed me about your death. My personal research came to the same conclusion as well. I even hacked S.H.I.E.L.D."

"I don't have files, neither in S.H.I.E.L.D. nor everywhere else. I am considered to be dead." She said

"Why is that? You know what, never mind. We'll figure that out later. Right now we have to get out of here." I said and took her hand.

"(Y/N) I... I can't leave. The Avengers are my family... I can't leave them." She said freeing her hand from my grip. Then she turned around and was about to leave. "Do not try to stop me. I don't want to fight you again." Then she disappeared around a corner.

"Natasha..." I whispered and headed the opposite direction.

"OUCH, THAT MUST HAVE HURT A LITTLE."

"It's not the time. Right now the only thing that matters is that she is alive. So I can find her again." I said as I reached the deck.

"ACTUALLY IT WILL BE REALLY DIFFICULT TO FIND HER, CONSIDERING SHE IS NOT REGISTED ANYWHERE."

"Can't you be nice for a change? Would it kill you to encourage me a little bit? Don't you know I feel like shit right now? I really need to teach you how to be nice." I answered as I lowered one of the boats.

"SO ON THE POSITIVE. IF YOU WANT TO FIND HER YOU CAN SIMPLY GO TO S.H.I.E.L.D.'s OFFICE."

"How come I didn't thing of that!" I said sarcastically. "How come I didn't think of going to a place full of S.H.I.E.L.D agents that are ordered to kill me on spot. Really smart." Then I cut both of the ropes and the boat fell on the water.

"HEY IF YOU ARE USELESS DON'T BLAME IT ON ME."

"Just stop talking." I said as I started the engine.

"YOU'D GO INSANE IF YOU DON'T TALK TO ANYONE."

"Oh trust I'm gonna go insane if I keep talking to you."

After getting away from the ship, I looked back. It was surrounded with helicopters and other smaller boats as well.

"LOOKS LIKE WE LEFT ON TIME."

"Yeah. Let's go home." I said and headed towards New York City.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

About four hours later, I reached the port. I exited the boat and headed towards my parked car. I had kept it all those years. I opened the car and got in. I turned on the radio but found nothing I liked so I turned it off. It was about 04:30 so the sky was dark yet clear. I reached my house an hour later. I parked my car in the garage and headed to my room.

I changed my clothes and laid on the bed. I tried to sleep, but I couldn't. My thoughts were banging against my head preventing me from sleeping. I was thinking about what had happened.

Natasha was alive.
All this time she was in S.H.I.E.L.D.
Why would someone want us to think of each other as dead?

"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING."

"Trust me I wish there was another way, but I need answers and there is only one place I can get them.... " I said. "You know it."

"IT'S DANGEROUS"

"Unlike last time, you will be with me don't you? You will help out."

"YES"

"That's all I wanted to hear. It won't hurt as much as it did in the first time." I said and turned to my side.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK."

"Hey I'm trying to be positive here! Don't ruin this for me!" I said and then closed my eyes. "Good night Daemon."

"YEAH, WHAT YOU SAID."