𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

5 days later: 9:19pm
ALYSSA

Shane and I sat over dinner at Huddle House as we caught up. Shane is a very close friend of mine, nothing more nothing less. We met through a wig making course that we took a while back. We just had to link up some time.

"So hows Zoey?"

"You wouldn't believe how bad that child is" I said as he started laughing. "Man she's wonderful, enjoying life as I wish I could have at her age"

"I heard through the great vine that you had your eye on someone" he took a sip of his tea as he side eyed me.

"No you didn't" I gasped dramatically as I placed my hand over my chest.

"I was like no that's too far fetched"

"Way to far" I said as we started laughing.

"No for real though, he's so great" I wouldn't lie or hide anything like this. We've gotten even closer these past five days, but I look at him at a more intense friend level.

"Where'd you hear that from though?"

"Guess" he said as my index finger tapped my chin in thought.

"Jaylen?"

"You know it" he laughed.

"Oh is that so?" I asked with raised eyebrows as I took a sip of my drink. She just love lying to people about me. She thinks I'm to as she'd say, aromantic. Which I totally agree, but I wouldn't want anyone else to label me as that.

"Yeah chile, but I see your company is doing so great though" He smiled.

"Yes, it constantly keeps me busy. Making wigs, packaging them, packaging bundles, cosmetics, and managing a toddler who gets into whatever and whenever"

"You got a whole lotta whole lotta hunty"

"Tell me about it okay" I shook my head.

"No, but you doing good friend. Keep up the good work"

"Thank you" I smiled.

The compliment was nice coming from someone who is way more experienced than me. He's a pro at this. He makes, colors, and install. I can color and install also but my friends are my only clients cause I never really thought about installing on others. I got to much on my plate at the moment.

"You know I couldn't forget about you. Hows it going, what's it like being a celebrity hairdresser?" I asked.

"I was waiting, sike nah it's going great. I should be going on tour with Megan soon and as you say new opportunities await so I need some wigs" he said as my eyes got wide.

"Hold on" I choked on my drink and instantly started coughing. I stood up and looked at him in disbelief.

"What girl?"

"You said Megan as in Megan thee stallion?" 

"Yes, it's not hard to believe is it? Plus I come to you because it's new opportunities at your doorstep and this is one of them" he said.

"No, tell me more" I became engaged into the conversation. I've never actually made wigs for celebrities and I'm so excited and honored to be given the opportunity to do this with the help of Shane. I know everything is gonna be dope.

"So this is December 21st?" I asked for clarification.

"Yes, I have three colors and their lengths and I'll send them to you"