𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

Alyssa | November 26th

My birthday is a week away and I'm not remotely close to having anything planned. Since my 16th birthday, birthdays for me have never felt the same and every birthday after that situation was pregnant at home or stay at home with Zoey birthdays.

"So, how you feeling about your birthday this year?" Brooke asked as we looked at some shoes.

"Same as always... not really fond of it" I picked up and examined the white, pink, and blue vapormax.
Out the corner of my eye I could see her expression fall from her face as she just stared at me.

"What? I mean one day out of the year isn't special" I scrunched my face up as I shook my head.

"You were born on that day. What do you mean it's not special?"

"Brooke, it lost its value 3 years ago"

"Yeah and you can't move off of an accident that happened 3 whole years ago"

"Accident aren't intentional... besides I move off of every incident I've been involved in. Im moving to make sure those incidents never happen again" I said putting extra emphasis on the intentional.

"I'm not saying go doing what you were doing when the accident happen but go somewhere, get out of the house. There are plenty chill things to do besides partying" she shrugged.

I mean she did have a point.

"Just let me handle it, I got you I swear" she said as I nodded in response.

Buying Zoey and I both a pair of the "Candy" Air Jordan 1 Mid GS and a shirt plus me two pair of Nike pro training shorts we were on to the next store. I try not to spend as much as my mind tells me to because I have a desire to possess every little thing I come across. I could sit on my laptop all day and order things until my card has insufficient funds.

Glancing over at Brooke I could tell she had a lot on her mind. She's the type of person who ruminates long and hard before she decided to speak on anything, shes what I call a rational individual and that's what I like the most about her.

"You know how I've been telling you about me and Jays situation?" Brooke asked as I looked at her and nodded. "This may sound weird but...I love him"

"How do you know you love him? How do you know it's not just infatuation or lust?" I asked.

"I can see myself settling down and starting a family with him and it's not just about sex. I feel connected to him and it's not a feeling of uncertainty because I feel safe when he's around. The more closer we've gotten the more our friendship strengthened and I can definitely see this lasting" she said as I nodded.

"Do you feel like your falling into this or like?"

"No, I'm growing into it cause it's like I'm learning more and more how to love him. Learning his ways, memories that may trigger his emotions, his dreams and aspirations. All in all I'm learning my best friend day my day" she said as her smile stretched from ear to ear.

She's head over hills about him and I actually want this to work out for her. I've never seen her act this way about no dude, not even her ex. Her ex wasn't the best person for her considering he was vary aggressive and infuriated with everything she did.