Chapter 15

Phantoms were finally a part of the past. We searched for days, but caught no sight of them at all. That's when the leader announced the success of the last battle officially. The happy shouts, the joyful dances and all the positive energy spread in the whole kingdom, and lasted for days. I never saw them happier, but the promise of the brand new future sent glimpse of relief everywhere.

I didn't know what to do next, because suddenly all the responsibility I had faded away. I had a lot of time to think about lots of things and making new resolutions, like moving. Really, the idea of staying at Anna's house without Anna and without her permission was uncomfortable to me, and I didn't want to ruin it. I liked to keep her stuff at place and her scent around.

I was going to look for a place, but Leo stopped me. "Diana. Really?" he exclaimed after I told him so.

"Yes, really." I replied.

"You're not going to live alone, that's an order."

"Too bad that you're not a leader anymore."

He narrowed his eyes and reached my waist to hold me tight. "That mouth of yours."

"Sharp, huh?" I joked.

He smirked. "You better use it in other ways."

Then he kissed me deeply. Yeah, he was so nasty to say that, but I'm not going to say that I didn't like it.

He broke away. "You're coming with me."

"As you say."

So, I just moved to Leo's house. All that was weird and new to me, sharing the same place with a man, but he wasn't any man, he was my man. I threw that nervousness and hesitation away and stayed with him. We shared everything food, bed, chores... but the best part was sharing our thoughts and ideas. It was really nice to let him see the kind of person I am, and it was even better that he accepted me with all my perfection and imperfection. I did the same, but for me, Leo was the great combination of perfection and flawlessness. I didn't know what I was going to do without him. I'd be lost, so lost.

Anyway, it was just awesome being with him. He wasn't the leader anymore, but turned to architecture, literally, he wanted to rebuild the kingdom and improve all Infenya and Infenyans life. Then he just started doing so. That was so considerate of him.

I had nothing to do, so I decided to help him with all the warriors. They all said that suddenly they felt so bored and lifeless, therefore Leo told them about making the kingdom a better place and they liked the idea. Abruptly, all warriors transformed to builders and constructionists.

One day, we were working hard on a small alley_ Leo made a sketch to make it wider, adding more houses and a garden near each house, when a well dressed man came in rush toward him, holding a piece of paper. He handed it to him and stepped two steps back, allowing him to read it in privacy. But it seemed that this man knew what the letter contained, his face was troubled. Leo's face turned to more than troubled as he read it, he was wholly pale, so I hurried to him and held his arm. "Leo, What happened?"

He said nothing like he was under a shock, so I took that paper and read it. 'King Liam, the ruler of Infenya, was found this morning dead. He suspectly was murdered.'

This was unbelievable, but they wouldn't report random news like this. I looked at the messenger and, yes he looked like he was sent from the castle. Leo was still under shock, he said nothing at all.

I continued reading. 'We gladly ask you to take the throne and be our next king. Rule Infenya with your wisdom and find out the murderer of our previous king!'