Chapter 11

-Listen to Temple of thoughts by Poets of the fall as the you read this chapter

Atem and the boys just finished their training That day inside the Palace grounds.. they are all laughing off and joking around, pretty normal boy stuff..
However Atem is deep in his thoughts staring at the empty space of greens infront of him.. not joining his friends in their celebration of finishing their training for the day..
Cold breeze hits his hot, tired body flying his hair behind him, His performance in this training wasn't as usual, He was not concentrating whatsoever and his officials noticed that.. so much going on.. so much for him to handle..

Sudden sound of closing In angry footsteps catch all of their attention..
Etmu stands her ground with a frowned face throwing a spear towards Atem's feet as she Takes her own Attack position..
"Fight me!! I will show you the true power of the Kyoshies you despise so much!!"
Etmu challenges him drawing out her Weapon..
"Etmu please.. wait.. " Atem tries to talk some sense into her.. feeling the guilt and shame..
"SHUT UP AND FIGHT!!" She charges towards him opening that ONE Fan.. the same from the library.. his mother's.. starting a sward fight even though he never picked up his own.. she attacks in great strength and agony.. this becoming her way to express her feelings.. her deep upsetting ones.. but Atem is Only dodging her attacks swiftly knowing very well she has every right to be so...

"Pick.. up.. your.. spear.. and Fight!!"
"No Etmu.. I will not Fight you.. please just listen.. I realize what I did and said and...."
"No more ands, coward.." she charges again in Greater determination aiming the name side of the fan towards him deliberately making his heart ache the way hers did.. reminding him of the name and person he insulted.. the stupidity he released in a moment of anger.. but this time she attacks with water bending technique even stronger than her last attacks..
Atem doesn't dare to attack back, he realizes this is the only way she may forgive him.. or forget what he said.. he feels terrible for it.. and he may never forgive himself for throwing such burden on her.. and for blaming his own dead mother for everything.. that's why he must go with it, hoping this way might lift some of the drowning guilt off of him..
He remains on the offense.. he can't hurt her.. never.. not even touch her.. the first women he ever.... Loved!

Lightning strikes in the middle of the day making them all gasp and look upon the sky.. and the moment it does Etmu grows stronger and stronger, now using Her Fan to bend more water.. she has never felt this much power flow inside of her.. she directs an attack towards him knocking him down to the ground..

They all gasp at the unbelievable sight..
Etmu feels a new flow of much greater power than hers run through her vains.. and that is about all she remembers..
Atem stares not believing his own eyes.. frozen in his place.. tears stream down his face as she continues attacking.. He can see her.. his own mother.. The Late Queen of Egypt Edna of the Rice Patties Kyoshies.. she smiles as she launches an attack after the other, all very powerful attacks but none hit him.. deliberately..
It was all true.. the rumors of that Fan holding pieces of her soul.. which is now infused with Etmu's well Allowing her to restrict into her pupil's body.. and Guide Atem through his path..
One second its Edna's eyes.. the other it's Etmu's.. he stands eyes wide and teary, hoping to get a clearer glance..
A sand storm begins where they stand making everyone seek shelter.. but Atem who gets even closer.. the sand is blocking his view.. its a very power one indeed..
these moves.. too perfected.. too good to be a trainee's.. its her.. its really her..
she showed him.. she did show him the true power of the original Kyoshi..
Etmu does not bend air.. This IS the One and only Sand storm.. Edna's Signature move..
Atem doesn't take one step back despite his official's warnings to get away.. he stares unable to move, more tears stream down his face.. as he glances at her familiar features that he miss and longs for so much.. He never thought she was this beautiful.. He does remember her.. and she is perfect.. but sadly their time is very short..
  Etmu's borrowed powers begin to fade making her pant and get further away from him awaiting his move.. the Fan in front of her face only her eyes show..
Its their last moment.. he sees his mother's eyes for the last time before Etmu Brings her fan over her eyes and now its only hers.. he knows she is smiling.. so much to say but no chance.. his heart never ached this much