Chapter 16

The city is full of celebrations and festivals.. people drinking, laughing, dancing and children playing everywhere.. for this year they were saved, they live to harvest their crops, feed their children and animals and rest throughout the winter..
The celebration inside the castle is far more luxurious.. Euphyy dances around with Duke to the sweet festive music playing, Manna and Mahad enjoy their drinks in a corner laughing..
Seto finally addresses the girl who has been showing signs of affection towards him for a while now..
"You do realize I am a Priest.."
She only nods shyly with her face down..
"And you don't mind that?" He Asks again in smugness and confusion..
She blushes and nods once more as a hand lifts her chin up forcing their eyes to meet as he leans closer in..
"What a pity.. you leave today.."
He lets go forbidding himself form feeling anything further and walks away.. she looks down saddened then at her friend who searches around like crazy for her missing lover..
"Have you seen Atem, Kisara?"
She asks her panting..
"Maybe.. He is with the others in the throne room.." Etmu only grunts and leaves to continue her search leaving Kisara to neglect her feelings on her own..

"Follow me.." Atem asks the Young witch back into the Palace as they planned..
"We will have enough time.. Uncle will be in the celebration, then he will ride, Ra knows where" he whispers to her inside the Palace hidden passages "I do hope it's enough.." Rose whispers back as they make their way into Aknaden's library, They start to search around in the cold, dimly lighted room filled with the scent of herbs and dust..
Rose goes first to the middle where there is a bookstand with a candle next to it.. she flips the book's pages studying it, its full of spills to trap Ka and Ba energies and control demon monsters..

She steps back slowly feeling the pain down her throat as She continues her search for the right book in great unease.. that book was used recently.. demon monsters only exists in old tales.. why would he be searching how to trap one..

"This is it! The sacrificial spells book.. The only one left.. creation of the millennium items.."
She raises her voice excitedly getting Atem's attention who has been looking around the room aimlessly as he understands none of the language.. He comes closer with a candle, she flips pages fast to reach the part they need and starts translating..
"Seven sacred items shall be created, each hold its own magical ability and the tablet shall grant the creator the gift of life..."
She finishes only leaving them in greater confusion.. "The gift of Life?!..." Atem asks

  They hear a scary growling voice coming from the wall to their left but there was nothing there.. Atem walks to a metal candle holder next to it which is the only metal in the room noticing the scratches on the wall beneath it, he pulls the metal holder sync with scratches to open a hidden door.
Many cellars filled with what looks like Tortured slaves and strange deformed creatures in pain as the room is filled with a stinking smell of rot, blood and death, some are in the cells, some are chained by hands to the wall and the ceiling, wiped till they bleed..
They stand in horror watching these people drained of power and robbed of any kind of humanity or dignity..
  "Your Uncle..He preformed hidden forbidden spells and dark magic on slaves.. He takes their energies to increase his own and force them to fight each other.. that must be what the millennium eye is capable of!"
She whispers in terror as they witness this indescribable room.. 
  "We must leave.." Atem takes her by hand, she makes sure to take the book..
  "What about these people?!" She pulls back
  "The Pharaoh cannot possibly know of this!
Once he does HE will deal with it!"
  He leads the way back to the passages
"You're Fool! The Pharaoh is responsible for this.. He wouldn't allow such complicated spell to be preformed by amateurs! He knows of this practice.. worse, he ordered it! I told you I don't expect you to accept your father's sins, but this is denial.."
She pulls her hand one last time and runs out of the Palace leaving him behind to drown in his own thoughts and guilt..