Chapter 9

-Flashback
The sun rays beam on all of Egypt, the markets are lively, the day seems to be a very busy one as it starts.. but no one expected this unannounced visit..

The Queen walks the markets and streets for a morning stroll, welcomed by everyone's smiles, bows and waves..
But this time unlike the usual, she is heavily guarded.. her Kyoshies are in position and so are the fearsome guards with their spears marching behind her..
she looks behind her at the troubling scene..
"Esmeralda.. This is too much! I am used on walking the markets every now and then, the people know me.. walking is good for me at this stage.. and I am perfectly capable of protecting my self!"
She speaks to her Visor who is also in position eyes sharp everywhere with her fan over her mouth..
"Your are the one who Insisted on taking a walk on your due month, or do you forget you are carrying the next Pharaoh? and no, not in this state you can't.. this is for your own safety precautions.. stop resisting.. also Pharaoh's orders"
  she smiles at her stupidity and winks making Edna scoff knowing her husband's protective nature..
A small girl interrupts their about to begin arguments by running towards the Queen.. making all of the guards and Kyoshies aim their weapons at her in frowned faces and angry eyes.. she stops terrified, ready to cry..
"Stand down this instant!!" Their orders are clearly heard but none of them wants to obey..
"Have you not heard me???"
The Queen now yells at them aggressively.. making them fall back but still on guard ..
She approaches the girl who held a beautiful rose flower wishing to give her to the Queen.. she presentes it from behind her back pulling her body up standing on her toes huge smile on her face with small teary eyes..
Edna ruffles her hair and takes the Flower from her tiny dirty hands..
"Thank you.. I shall treasure it"
The girl only smiles even wider and holds the Queen hands in a crowd full of awws and ohs
Edna reaches the back of her hair removing a golden hair clip and kneeling down in front of the girl..
"Your majesty! You shouldn't kneel" Esmeralda exclaims not payed attention to by her friend who holds the girls tall beautiful black hair back and holds it together with the hair clip then lay her hands on her now huge belly... the girl plays with her hair happily and smiles at the Queen her eyes falling on her stomach..
   Edna takes the girl's hands and places it over her bumped belly, both of them feel the movement inside and small kicks to which the girl gasps opening her mouth widely at the smiling Queen.. who lets go of the girls hands that waves at her by her mother's side..

  Esmeralda rushed to help Edna back up
  "I know my love it's getting uncomfortable in there.. soon now we shall meet.. I will see you and hold you.. just you wait!"
Esmeralda watches her friend talk to her belly hugging her own self to comfort her unborn child letting him know she is here for him..
   "As for the rest of you!! You dared make me repeat my self!! All of you back to the Palace now!! I will continue this stroll by myself.. and you will face punishment.. until you learn to obey your Queen.. Out of my sight!!"
  All bow with no right to refuse the orders walking back in organized steps..
   "Your highness, this is not a good idea, I fear we are cornered and I can't protect you.."
  Esmeralda tries to stop her..
  "That includes you too.. I want to be alone"
To the Queen this was not up for discussion as she walks not looking back drowning into her own thoughts.. this feeling of unease that is stuck to her for a while now she can't seem to shake off..

That night almost 8 months ago.. all guards disappeared and Akmankanen barley slept.. not to mention not knowing Aknaden's whereabouts.. which is the most concerning part..
The guards cannot all be in a single meeting all of them at once.. some must stay behind for protection.. and Aknaden's excuse was even more unconvincing.. and the next day we learn about that village.. can it all not be related?.. can my husband have known anything about this?..
   She is brought out of her thoughts when she finds her self standing at the outskirts of the city infront of a ghosted Village.. this is the source of her uneasiness.. so many troubled souls roam around here.. such darkness and despair spread in every corner of this deserted village.. she starts feeling unbearable pain down her spin making her arch holding her belly..
    "Terrible timing my love!!"
  She feels a unclear sound calling to her from inside.. she can't bring her self to come closer.. the feeling of unease and fear increases combined with her pain.. its all new to her.. if she wasn't carrying she wouldn't have thought twice.. but her child is her priority..