Ch6.~who is he?

After a couple of hours has passed since my accident on the sidewalk. I finally open my eyes from a nap I took. Everything still looks blurry. I've must've fallen asleep after um oh I've forgot I've never got his name. How can I be so dum not to introduce myself. I wonder if he left, I was so exhausted I don't remember.

"Hey". I turn my head to the open door from my room. It's him. Why is he still here?. "Hey." I say with weakness in my voice. He comes closer in my room sitting in a chair next to my bed. "How are you feeling Alexandria?". Wait hold up how does he know my name. I've never even mentioned it unless ugh my Tia told him boring stories about me maybe that's why he didn't leave she was examining him.

"How?-" he cuts me off. "Don't worry your tia told me your name so I wouldn't look dum and also I'm Kurtis. How's your leg". He points at the bandage knee laying in the pillow under it. I shrug "well thanks and your not dum (laughs softly) also it's okay. Doesn't really hurt that much. Why are you still here?" I say with such curiosity. He smiled a little but not enough for me to notice it. "I was just wondering if you were okay. I mean you did take a big fall on the floor. If I was you I would've complained and go to the hospital (laughs slightly). You are one tough cookie I'll give you that." He smirked at me.

Hey Awkward eye contact was happening and I didn't know how I feel about it. "Hey guys. Oh hey Alexandria how's your leg doing?. Also Kurtis would you like to stay for dinner. It's the least I can do for you since you helped out my niece" she smiles. I just give her a glare of really Tia you just had to invite him. Is she really this embarrassing when it comes to strange people around me. "That would be great ma'am thank you" he said smiling at her then looking straight back at me with full on eye contact still. "Okay I need to use the restroom. Do you mind." I say with complete embarrassment.

"Are you sure you can stand up all the way. Let me help you at least walk to it". He say with concern. I hate to admit it but he was right. I shouldn't put so much pressure on it. I shrug and put one arm around his neck while he holds my side tightly that you can feel his grip on me. He was flexing his muscles that I feel while walking to the restroom. I felt so close to him a little awkward. Finally got there. "Um thanks" blushing hard. Hanging on to the door for support. "Your most welcome" he smirks with a bit blush. I close the door. What just happened thinking to myself. How does this kind of things happen. Oh wait I know when a random stranger falls to the floor that's when it happens (sarcastic thinking).
***********
A few minutes have passed. Now I open the door. He was of course there waiting. "Ready to head to the table. Your tia is setting up the table." He said. I just put one arm around him again thinking to myself how low can I be. "So are you my suffer for my whole life" I say with such sarcasm. He ignores me. "Sit here and don't move. I'm going to help your tia". I just waited till they were done.

(One hour later) took them long enough but my Tia just loves a good conversation. Finally we're all sitting at the table with the food all set on the plates. We were having my tias famous pot roast with mash potatoes and corn with some stake. "So Kurtis tell me about yourself". She starts off with the conversation. "Well I'm 19." He glares at me. "I have only one sibling my older sister Bella. I go to Burlington university-" gets cut off. "Wait hold up Kurtis you go to a university tell me more." My tia says with such curiosity. Anyways he tells more about his education. On the other hand I'm slowly dying of boredom.....

Writers note: thanks for keeping on reading this story. I am truly trying to make it the most interesting for you readers!! Pleas comment what you think so far?