Chapter 5

Uraraka

My eyes fluttered open. Where was I? I was in some sort of bed, with machines and whatnot surrounding me. Todoroki was sitting next to me, with a cup of hot tea in his hands. The steam curled up, as wispy and thin as a string. "W-what happened?" I asked. "Why are there these bandages?"

Todoroki turned to me with a pained look. "You don't remember what happened yesterday?"

Yesterday. I racked my brain. Wait a minute. "Deku came, right? With a villain. Deku said he was a villain." It all came rushing back like a tidal wave. Todoroki's expression was all I needed to know I was right.

"It's hard to believe that Midoriya's a-" he stopped. Todoroki looked like he was holding back tears. "A villain. But we can't change his thoughts."

I wasn't going to settle for my closest friend being a villain. "We can't just give up! Deku's my friend! I-"

Todoroki whipped around and glared at me. The tea and cup in his hands immediately froze into icicles."What? Give up, Uraraka. Midoriya's not coming back. He told me himself. I already tried."

I blinked back tears. That was the same thing Toga had said to me.

*Flashback*

Uraraka

"You're that girl- Ochaco, right?" Toga said with a smile. "I remember. The one with a crush on Izuku."

A chill crept through my bones and my hand flew to my necklace. "I-I don't have a crush on him!"

Toga's eyes were filled with envy. "No, I'm sure you did. Don't you remember our friendly chat at the training camp?"

I froze. "What do you mean?" I asked, trying to hide my feelings.

"It's fine if you don't remember me. Unlike you, I don't need to be accepted by anyone. Except Izuku, that is." She grazed my cheek with her knife. " He's a villain now, if you haven't noticed. A completely different person. We've cut him down and beat him to the perfect villain. The ultimate weapon, our ace in the hole. And the best part: He. Enjoys. Being. A. Villain. He won't be coming back for a while." She said each of those words with a slash. They burned like fire, and I staggered back.

"N-no. Deku's not a villain." I said through gritted teeth.

Toga laughed. "I promise you, he is. The optimal villain, trained to kill and counter each and every hero. And he's a very good-looking one now. Bleeds a ton every day. What about you, Ochaco? What do you want to be? A worthless hero chasing after empty dreams, or do you want to join your crush? Do it quickly before he's mine."

My eyes stung with tears. I wanted to yell at her for lying, but her tone was completely honest and sincere. I faltered for a moments. Toga lashed out a cut a deep wound in my side. I collapsed to the floor. I couldn't think, or move anymore. Toga's laughter rang through my ears.

*Flashback ended*

I shuddered. It was too much to believe. "Shouldn't we tell the school?"

"No. We don't need to hurt them anymore." Todoroki answered immediately.

"Shouldn't we at least tell his mom?" I persisted.

Todoroki snapped, " No! She'd be in so much pain! How do you think she feels right now? Imagine how she'd feel if we suddenly said, 'Hey, your child's a maniac villain! Surprise!'"

I sighed. This conversation was heading nowhere. I changed the subject. "How's everyone else?"

Todoroki stiffened. "See for yourself." He walked out and motioned for me to follow. I unsteadily got to my feet and followed him to the front of the hospital. In the lobby, everyone was gathered in their little friend groups, talking in hushed tones. Bakugo had thick layers of bandages wrapped around his legs, and he was in a wheelchair. Me and Todoroki joined Tsuyu and Iida. Iida was cradling a broken arm, and Tsuyu kept insecurely touching her hair. The bottom seemed to have been hacked off. Everyone was severely hurt, except Todoroki. Tsuyu saw us coming and waved a sad hand. Iida just nodded, seeing as his hands were not able to move.

Todoroki

I felt so uncomfortable around everyone. I was the only one completely uninjured. The attack seemed to be a very small one, but everyone had obviously been damaged, physically and emotionally. I turned my attention back to Tsuyu and Iida. "This was a devastating accident for Class 3-A. Unlike at USJ, we were too far too call for help. This villain attack has taken a serious toll on everyone. I hope nobody else must suffer from the League of Villain's crude choices. " Iida was droning on.
"Ribbit. This attack was different, though. I heard that a new villain was at the attack. He's supposed to be the next Stain, but better. Ribbit. Thank goodness that nobody had to meet him." Me and Uraraka flinched at the same time. Thankfully, nobody noticed. The rest of the day continued on like normal, but I still couldn't get rid of that nagging feeling and the millions of questions swimming in my head.

"How could Midoriya do this?"

"What was he thinking?"

"Can I still call him a friend?"

"Is he even Midoriya anymore?"