Chapter 26

*10 likes and 10 comments for the next chapter*

*Isabella's POV*

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Harry. He sighed and moved over in the seat and patting the newly created space next to him, encouraging me to sit. I took the space and twisted in my seat so that I could face him with Harry doing the same. It took a few minutes before he began to talk. 

"Ok, before I start I need you to understand that what I'm about to tell you I have never told anyone beside my family and Liam. This is hard for me Izzy because it takes a very long time for me to trust anyone and I don't want you to judge me for this because..."

"Ok Harry I get it" I interrupted, trying to get to the point slightly quicker. 

"Ok..." he sighed. “So 5 years ago I met this girl, this beautiful, gorgeous girl. She had brown wavy hair which touched just below her shoulder blades, deep hazel brown eyes that looked like pools of golden water and this beautiful clear skin that I could just kiss forever". By now he was in his own little world, lost in the thought of this girl. The look he had in his eye when he spoke of her made me long for someone to look like that when they thought of me. 

"Ava?" I asked. 

"Ava" he nodded. "Ava Walker in fact". 

"She must be really beautiful" I said softly. 

"She was" he nodded and my breath hitched in my throat. What did he mean was? Did they break up or was she... dead? Harry must have seen the confusion on my face as he began to explain. 

"After getting to know her for a few months I asked her to be my girlfriend and thank God she said yes," he laughed, "we did absolutely everything together and whenever we were apart I would call or text her, just to try and hear her voice. So after a year and a half we moved in together, the flat wasn't too far from here actually, about 15 minutes at most. And then, after a year of living together she... she" he choked out and tears began to form in his eyes. Without a second thought I leapt forward and engulfed him into a tight hug. He didn't decline, in fact he wrapped his arms around me as well and nuzzled his head into my shoulder. We sat for a few minutes, the tears slowly soaking through my t-shirt and Harry's body shaking as the sobs racked his body. I shushed him gently, rubbing my hands on his back in what I hoped was a soothing manner.

Eventually he pulled away and wiped the stray tears from his eyes. He looked at me a smiled gently before speaking.

"Sorry Izzy" he mumbled.

"Its fine don't worry about it. You don't have to carry on if you don't want to" I said.

"No it's fine, I have started now I might as well finish" he said.

"Ok take your time" I suggested.

He nodded and took a deep breath. I looked at him and grabbed his hand, squeezing it slightly to show him that he was free to tell me when he was ready. He smiled slightly and squeezed back.

"She told me she was staying at a friend’s house for the night and packed an overnight bag. She kissed me goodbye before heading out the door and driving off down the street. It was a few hours before I got a knock on the door. When I opened it there was a policeman standing there and of course I knew that could only mean one thing because they don't just visit your house unless someone has been killed. The officer started to explain what had happened but I wouldn't listen, I just kept shouting that she wasn't dead and that he was lying to me. I actually convinced myself that it was true until I got the invite to the funeral a week later. Since then I had been self-harming, depressed and generally a horrible person to be around" he said, looking at our intertwined hands as he played with my fingers.

"So... how was she killed?" I asked gently, I didn't want to upset him further.

"She was rear ended by some drunk asshole. Forced her off the road and down a ditch. The car flipped a couple of times, she died on impact" he mumbled. 

"Wow," I said. I mean what else could I say, it's not often you hear something like this. 

"There is one thing I am slightly confused about though. Where do I come into this?" I asked.

"Yeah, that is the slightly more complicated part" he said, leaning back in the seat slightly.

"Remember the day we met, as soon as I saw you I ran out the shop so quick" he said, smiling slightly at the memory.

I laughed and nodded, "how could I forget" I joked.

He smiled. "Yeah, well I ran because you look exactly like Ava and it frightened me."

"Wait what?" I asked, the surprise evident in my voice.

"Yeah. You have the same kind of hair, same skin tone, face shape, height, different eye colour but other than that you could be twins. And I hung around with you because being with you made me feel like I was still with Ava. I know it is selfish and weird but I couldn't help myself because I missed her so much and I didn't know what else to do. I'm sorry if I frightened you but you have to see it from my point of view. Imagine if it was you, what would you have done Izzy?" He asked, his eyes locking with mine for the first time in what seemed like forever.

I sat quietly. What would I have done? It took less than a minute for me to come to my decision.

"I would have done the same as you" I said.

"Really?" he asked, his eyes lighting up at the fact I hadn't called him a creep and kicked him out of my house.

"Really. I can't even begin to understand how hard this must have been for you Harry, you loved her, I can see it in your eyes when you talk about her and if spending time with me makes this whole process easier for you then I am more than willing to be your shoulder to cry on" I said, meaning every word of it.

"Thank you Izzy! Thank you so much!" he nearly screamed with joy. Once again I was suffocated into a bone crushing hug but I didn't pull away.

"Am I forgiven?" he asked, the sound muffled into my shoulder where his head was buried.

"Yes you are forgiven" I said with a laugh.

He pulled away and smiled the brightest smile I had ever seen. I smiled back with just as much enthusiasm.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked, nodding to the big stack of films in the corner of the room. He nodded eagerly and raced me to pick the movie.

**************************************

Wow two updates in two days! I'm on a roll! Got loads of ideas at the moment, hence the overflow of updates!

Anyway I hope you enjoyed!

10 likes and 10 comments before I upload the next part so get going!

Thanks to everyone who has been voting and commenting on the last few chapters! It is great to hear your feedback on the story!

Loads of love

-Steph xx <3