ii

i v y

Leah and I were both stood in the extremely long line for the XFactor arena audition. Neither of us spoke a word as our nervous had taken over us, it would be our first time performing in front of such a large audience.

We would have to wait at least another thirty minutes until the doors opened and we were allowed inside and I was freezing. Being the smart person I am, I didn't bring a jacket, I thought since it was summer in Britain it would be warm. I was incorrect.

"Hey Ivy, there's a Starbucks over there so I'll go get us drinks, mind my spot" my cousin told me before hopping over the fence. She stumbled when she landed on her feet and I let out a small giggle. Our mums were the only ones who had come with us today and they were too busy chatting away to some woman who looked their age.

I look at my phone and thanked god that I had 3G. I went through Instagram and noticed that all of my old friends had posted pictures from a party they'd been at the previous night, I wasn't invited. I sighed before going onto Facebook, no notifications. Surprise, surprise.

"Hey" I heard a deep voice say from over my shoulder causing me to jump. I turned around to face a tall, extremely good looking boy. "H-hi" I stammered, not having a lot of confidence.

"I'm Charlie" the boy said sticking out his hand which I took but I was surprised when he brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it. "I'm Ivy." "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Ivy."
I grinned at him, shivering slightly in the cold. "I assume you're auditioning." Charlie nodded in reply,"yeah, it's just me, I saw you with another girl a while ago. Are you two in a group?"

"Yeah, we are and we're cousins actually. Leah is seventeen and I'm fifteen" I grinned. "I'm fourteen." I gaped at the boy,"What? I thought you were older than me." Charlie chuckled and shook his head. Charlie and I continued to make small talk. I received a text from Leah saying that the line in Starbucks was very long so she's be a little while longer.

Me and Charlie snapped a few selfies a followed each other on twitter, Instagram ect. I shivered in the cold once again. "Hey, take my jacket, I've already got a hoodie on" Charlie said and I thanked him as I wrapped the warm material around my body. Soon the line began to move and my dear cousin popped up beside me. "Here's your hot chocolate" she grinned winking at me. "Hi, I'm Leah" she introduced to Charlie.

"What's up with you, last I checked you were shaking with nerves" I eyed my cousin as I walked up to meet my mum, Charlie was in step with me. "Well I saw this really hot guy. And when I say really, I mean it. As I stood in Starbucks we made awkward eye contact and he winked at me" she squealed and I chuckled.

________________

"Three... two... and one."
I took a deep breath before heading onto the stage with my pink ukulele in my hand and Leah by my side.
"Hello again girls, would you like to explain to the audience who you are" Cheryl smiled at us.

For the first time I looked up at the audience and held my breath. "Hello everyone, we're Small Talk. I'm Ivy and this is Leah and we're cousins."
"And what will you be singing for us today?" Louis asked. "Honest by the loveable rouges" Leah replied with a sweet smile.

"Whenever you're ready" Simon spoke and I started playing the first few chords on my ukulele. Our voices sounded perfect together, contrasting well together. Leah got all the high notes while I backed it up. When I played the last chord of the song the audience immediately erupted into applause.

"Wow girls, what an amazing song choice. It really shows that you girls can change your style and still sound pretty damn good" Mel beamed,"I loved it."

"Once again, you've me lost for words" Cheryl laughed and Leah squeezed my hand.

"Amazing. The word for you two is potential" Louis commented.

"I really like you girls, there's defiantly something there" Simon smiled,"Louis you can start of the voting."

"A hundred percent yes" the grey hair'd man cried.

"Yes" Mel grinned and Cheryl followed with the same answer. "Well done girls, you're going through to bootcamp with four yes'."

Leah squealed and hugged me tightly. "Thank you" we both cried before galloping off stage and towards our family. I hugged my family as Dermot congratulated us. In the corner of my eye I could see Charlie staring at me so I excused myself and ran over to him.

"Congratulations Ivy" Charlie grinned wrapping his arms around my waist and spinning me around. "Thanks" I giggled. When Charlie put me back down I hugged him properly. "Good luck in your audition, you'll smash it. Text me the result" I grinned winking at him.

"Ivy, there's a boy over there staring at you" Charlie observed and I turned around to see the one and only Reece Bibby staring my way. I shot the boy a disgusted look before turning back to Charlie. "Do you know him?" Charlie wondered and I nodded. "Yeah but I don't like him. Do me a favour and just don't talk to him."

"I won't, I promise."