xxviii

i v y

"I'm so tired" I yawned, snuggling into Reece. "Hey, don't fall asleep. You can't back out now" he whispered into my neck, sitting me up straight.

I sleepily stared around at my surroundings, some people were sprawled out across the floor, asleep while others were busy chatting away. Our school was holding a fundraiser and you had to stay overnight in the school. You got sponsored for how long you stayed awake for.

"Can we do something fun?" I asked, staring at the blonde boy.

"We could sing?" Reece suggested, "That should wake you up."

I sat up straight, tightening my blanket around myself. Reece grabbed his guitar and a few people gathered near us.

"Okay this song is one I wrote myself, I hope you enjoy it," Reece chuckled nervously, his eyes wrinkling at the sides.

"What's it about?" a girls piped up from my left. I shuffled backwards a bit so I could watch Reece preform.

"It's actually about a girl" Reece blushed, all the girls giggled and someone wolf whistled.

"I bet you he wrote this about you" a voice came from my right and I looked up to see Zoey, a girl from my science. Before I went for the xfactor Zoey actually talked to me.

I shook my head,"As if."

Zoey just winked at me and mouthed, 'you just wait.'

"I found a way, to make it through my day. It's true, it's you. 'Cause maybe one day, we'll feel the same way. What's that? you do? And I've got to know, before I close the door. 'Cause you make me smile and you make me laugh. You text me till dawn and you hold my hand, is it true? Do you?" Reece sang, his head down in concentration.

"This is so about you" Zoey mumbled to me,"And don't even try and deny it, because what other girl texts him till dawn and holds his hand?"

As Reece continued to sing I thought for a moment, was this song actually about me?

Soon his song finished and everyone broke in applause and Reece grinned at me, "Ivy would you like to sing a song with me next?"

I shuffled over back into my original spot next to Reece,"thanks" I whispered lightly and Reece's cheeks flushed. We did a few covers including 'I love you five','all about you' and 'no worries.'

When our little jam session was over everyone scattered, so I placed my head on Reece's shoulder and sighed. "Are you alright?" Reece asked softly, concern in his voice.

"Yeah, did you-"

"Yeah, I did write that about you" reece whispered and I smiled. "It was wonderful, thank you."

"Anything for you" Reece whispered, his lips pressed up against my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

"Reece, Ivy" my maths teacher Mr.Boyle called. The two of us stood up groggily.

"Can you do me a favour and get the food we've stored in the storage room by the sports hall? I can't leave the room for safety reasons so I trust you two to be back as soon as possible."

"We will" I grinned, standing up. I almost toppled onto Reece as my legs were like jelly. Reece steadied me and laced his fingers through mine.

Together we waltzed out of the hall and into the dark corridor.

"School at night is so creepy" Reece whispered.

"No need to whisper, I'll get even more freaked out than I already am" I exclaimed.