xii

i v y

"Hey Ivy" Charlie beamed as I opened my front door. The boys made it a regular thing to show up at my door unexpectedly.

I smiled at him and let him in. Charlie raced up the stairs to my bedroom and sprawled out across the bed. "So I'm taking you out tonight."

"Are you now?" I asked raising one eyebrow, staring at the now fifteen year old boy. "How do you know I don't already have plans, it's New Year's Eve after all."

"Ivy, we both know that apart from Leah and the boys you don't have any friends" Charlie smirked and my smile faltered. "I'm joking, sorry" he apologised, pulling me by the waist into his body. I let out a giggle as he held me tighter.

"So what shall we be doing Mr.Jones?" I wondered, winking at my friend.

"Well, there's this fireworks display near Reece's where me and the boys are staying over and he said that you and Leah and join. We'll count down to the new year" Charlie explained and I groaned. "Everyone will probably get pissed."

"Reece's parents and sister will be home, that won't be happening" Charlie laughed,"But now, we're going ice skating."

"I love that way you're telling me this and not even asking" I smiled and Charlie tickled my sides.

"I'd put something warmer on if I were you" Charlie grinned, indicating towards my pyjama shorts and top.

"I'm not even dressed" I laughed,"Now watch TV or something downstairs. Who else will be going?"

"It's just me and you, everyone else was busy" Charlie blushed and for some reason, I knew he was lying. He exited the room and I pulled out ripped, black skinny jeans and a grey woollen jumper. I shoved my feet into my black doc martins and quickly combed my hair that had freshly dyed purple ends. I grabbed my favourite black satchel and put all the things I needed into it.

I applied my basic makeup, concealer, foundation and then I coated my eyelashes in mascara and used some eyeliner as well.

As I ran down to Charlie I found my black sleeveless. I pulled it on and grinned at Charlie. "You ready to go?" I asked.

Charlie looked up at me and his eyes widened, "Y-yeah" he stuttered,"We'll get the bus."

I nodded and locked up the house, my parents were always at work, even during the holidays.

I quickly sent a text to my mum and then put my phone away. Charlie laced his fingers through me and smiled down at it, I returned it with a weak smile.

At the bus stop a group of girls around thirteen passed, all giggling. Once their eyes fell on Charlie and I they gasped.

"Oh my god, I love you guys" a short blonde girl squealed.

"Can we've a picture?" A brunette asked.

It was my first fan encounter without Leah. I smiled nervously and chatted to them. Charlie and I took a picture with the girl and then a few selfies.

"Are you two on a date?" the blonde asked.

"No" I laughed at the same time Charlie grinned "yes." I shot Charlie a confused look and said farewell to the girls as the bus arrived. Charlie paid for me and took my hand. We took a seat at the front of the bus, upstairs.

"I'm sorry" Charlie chuckled nervously,"I just wanted to give the fans what they want."

"Don't worry about it" I smiled, "It was nothing, anyway I couldn't stay mad at my best friend could I." I pinched his nose laughing and Charlie pulled me into him, tickling my which sent me off into fits of laughter.