xxii

for the sake of the story I'm pretending that valentines is on a Friday💘 also I recommend that you listen to 'secret valentine' by we the kings during this☀️

i v y

I sighed as I entered the school with Reece by my side,"Hey, you okay Ivy?" Reece asked, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"Yeah, I just hate valentines day" I groaned,"No one seems to notice that other people walk these halls too."

Reece's gaze fell on a boy and girl who were sucking each other's faces off and pulled a face at me. I laughed at his reaction and hit him gently. "I wonder who's going to win 'hottest couple' at the dance tonight" Reece said, reminding me about the dance. Our music teacher, Mr.Campbell, insisted that we sang a couple of songs at the dance and I was dreading it.

I'd rather sing to an audience of a million people than sing to my school.

"I don't know, I think Annabelle and Todd will get everyone's votes but I personally want Victoria and Luke" I smiled slightly at the thought of the couple that were so in love. "Yeah, I agree" Reece smiled.

In the middle of history someone knocked at the door so immediately everyone's gaze fell upon the door. In waltzed Adam McCarthy and his twin sister Hannah, the two of them were head of the student council, their arms were full with roses.

"Hey Mr.Foster, is it alright if we give out the flowers?" Hannah asked and Mr.Foster shrugged his shoulders and went back to texting on his phone.

Every year on valentines day out school did this stupid thing to raise money, you could buy a rose and get it delivered to someone with a message, usual they went anonymous.

Hannah carefully handed Reece about 20 red roses and he grimaced, most of the flowers had messages from girls who didn't acknowledge him before the xfactor.

Adam handed me about nine roses, giving me a look of warning as I read the notes. "Just don't get caught up with any of those guys, Ivy." He was referring to the boys who had signed the cards. Obvious all of the boys who had blatantly ignored me for years on end had to be the ones to sign the cards with about a dozen kisses the end of each card.

There was one flower in the bunch that was a white lily, it was beautiful. I looked for the note and then realised that it was from an anonymous. Who knew that a white lily was my favourite flower?

Throughout the day there was a buzz going around the school, I was excited as well. Soon school was over and I raced home.

As the dance wasn't a formal I decided to wear a black dress. It had long sleeves and there was a v-line neck on it. The dress had floral pattern on it and roughly ended mid thigh. I paired it with my black timberlands and loosely curled my hair. I put on light makeup before grabbing my guitar and case.

I checked my phone to see a message from Reece.

Hey👋 Want to come over a but early? my mum insists that we take pictures😶 sorry😁

I laughed as I read the text, he was so cute.

it's alright m8 🙆 I'll be over there in about 15 minutes okay😌

I pulled on my coat and walked around to Reece's house and as I knocked on the door it swung open to reveal Reece's mum.

"Ivy" she grinned, hugging me,"Come in, I need to get some pictures of you and Reece together."

She ushered me into the living room where Reece's little sister sat on one of the couches reading a book.

"Hi" I grinned at her and she instantly smiled back. "Ivy" she exclaimed running over to me and hugging me. I giggled as I hugged the nine year old.