xxv

l e a h

"What's the point in doing my hair if I'm going to mess it up anyway?" Ivy argued with the stylists.

I giggled as another stylist pulled a knot in my hair. "Ow," I winced. My hair had gone all frizzy and bushy. Several stylists messed with my hair and at the same time worked on my face with different makeup. This was only the first look.

We were given our outfits and we changed. I walked out onto the set in my heels, wobbling a little. There were five little golden retriever puppies messing around on the set of the photoshoot. Yeah, we were doing a photoshoot with puppies, what a dream come true.

I squealed, running over to them and flopping on my bum. Two or three of them came over and started jumping at me, playing and licking my face. I was so in love with them.

Ivy soon came out. She messed with the puppies as well. The photographer soon told us to act serious. We took several pictures, changed outfits, hair and makeup, took more pictures and did that over and over about four times.

It was nearly five o'clock when we were finished. I was super tired. Modelling was more tiring than I expected. I had changed back into a tracksuit. My hair was still straight and I still had fancy makeup on from the last look.

"So, are the puppies in need of a home?" I picked one of them up and stroked it.

"Actually yes, they're going back to a shelter now," a producer or something told me.

"Really? Because I'd be happy to take one," I smiled.

"Leah, are you sure your parents are going to let you? Hunter's a lot of work already," Ivy said.

"It'll be fine," I mumbled to her.

The crew told me the animal shelter they got the puppies from and that I'd have to go down to do some signing.

Ivy and I both left the magazine's studios and sat in my car. Ivy was holding the puppy on her lap. I drove quickly to the animal shelter which was only about ten minutes down the road.

I entered the office or reception area and walked to the main desk. Ivy trailed behind me, looking around curiously.

I told the woman that I wanted to adopt the puppy and how it was from the shelter and that the magazine used it for a photoshoot. The woman did something on her computer.

"Have you got any other dogs at home?" she asked.

"Yeah, he's a six month husky." I told her.

She asked me more questions about Hunter. I told her that he was a super friendly energetic dog, who didn't attack other dogs and things like that. "I've got pictures of him," I said.

"Oh my god," I heard Ivy mumble behind me.

I pulled out my phone and showed the woman my selfies with Hunter and the other pictures I'd taken. When I finished, she just had a look of judgement on her face.

She shook her head, then gave me some papers to sign. I scribbled my signature where I was supposed to then all the business was done. She then told me information about the puppy and its personality. Her name was Misty and she was two months old.

Ivy and I walked back to my car where I placed the puppy on Ivy's lap again. Ivy took selfies with Misty and rubbed her fur. I was so happy.

I set off to drive home. Soon my phone rang and I took it out of my pocket. The caller ID wrote Jake.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Ello love," Jake said. He was so cute.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was just calling to see if everything's okay, is everything okay?"

I giggled, "Everything's great. Where are you? I have a little surprise," I smiled widely.

"I'm at Reece's,"

"Okay well I'll get home and you can come over," I told him.

"Great, see you later," he said and hung up.

"Goals," Ivy whispered and I smiled.

After dropping Ivy home, I headed back to my house.

"Hello, beloved parents!" I yelled through the house as I entered it with the puppy in my arms.

I walked into my living room where both of my parents were. When their eyes landed on me and Misty their faces lit up. They had good reactions. They weren't mad at me, they didn't mind at all.

In my bedroom, I played with Misty for a while. I also texted Jake to come over.

When he arrived, he seemed very out of breath. "Are you okay?" I asked him, as he stepped into my house.

"Yeah," he breathed heavily. "What's the surprise?" he said between breaths.

"Well, follow me," I smirked. As we entered the bedroom again, Misty jumped off my bed and ran to Jake.

He squealed and giggled like a little girl. "What's his name?" he grinned.

"Her, it's a her, Misty." I jumped on my bed. "She'll be like our daughter," I smiled innocently.

Jake looked up and grinned at me.

Hours later, Jake and I sat down at the table in my dining room opposite my parents. They said they wanted to get to know Jake more and they were doing it the fancy way I guess.

There were plates of lasagne placed in front of us. It probably didn't even count as lasagne, it was mainly vegetables.

I already knew what my parents thought of Jake. They didn't like him very much. That was only because of his appearance. His piercings and tattoos created this bad boy image, but in truth he was the biggest sweetheart and he cared so much about people. They needed to see that.

So Jake chatted about his family and the X Factor and singing. He looked so happy talking about all the things he was passionate about. My parents ignored it all though. "So, is Leah your first girlfriend?" my mum asked him.

"Um, no," he said awkwardly. "I've only had another one (a/n: i don't know how many girlfriends he actually had don't hit me). Leah and I have only been together a month and a bit or something but I'm really happy with her honestly,"

I smiled and told them the same. They needed to see how happy he made me. As if they were going to do something about it anyway. I was eighteen years old.

My parents interrogated Jake and it made me mad. I stood up and excused myself and Jake from the table, mumbling a thank you for the meal. Jake thanked them as well.

Without another word I stalked upstairs to my room. I sighed as a kicked off my high heels that I pointlessly wore inside my own house.

"Leah, what's up?" Jake's arms slithered around my waist from behind as I carefully unclipped my necklace from around my neck.

"My mum and dad were so rude, and I'm really sorry,"

"Hey, it's okay," he reassured me. I turned around to face him. He looked me in the eyes and smiled at me calmly.

"It's so annoying though, I don't know what they've got against you-" Jake quickly cut me off by placing his lips on mine and kissing me slowly.

"Rude," I giggled.

He chuckled and kissed me along my jawline. As he kissed my neck, he tugged at the hem of my skirt. "Jake," I pushed his hand away.

"What?" he looked confused.

"Do you really think it's a good time?" I said sarcastically.

"Why not?"

"My mum and dad and my ten year old sister are in the house,"

He brushed himself off and moved back, he had gone all red in the face.

"It's fine Jake," I giggled, "There's no need to rush,"

He sighed with defeat.