Parental Guidance

Third Person's POV: The following afternoon~

All seemed right in the world again, Sonya went back to her patrols, while Jim, Claire and Toby went back to school. As they left the campus, once classes ended, they began babbling on about how they barely passed-- if not failed-- Señor Uhl's Spanish test.

Sonya came out onto the sidewalk as the crew passed, and Jim came to a stop, "Hey, Sonya." he greeted the brunette.

Sonya's green eyes were illuminated by the pinkish-gold sky overhead as she smiled weakly at them, "Hey, Jimbo." she walked out into the open, in her human form.

Claire looked Sonya over, "You look awful." she said, bluntly.

"Yeah," Toby concurred, "you feeling alright?"

Sonya tucked a strand of hair behind her pierced ear before shaking her head, simply saying no. Jim's brows rose before he got an idea,

"Hey, why not come over to my place? My Mom's never met you, and you look like you could use a decent meal."

Sonya tensed up at this before speaking, "I don't wanna be a bother, Jim." she muttered.

"Belive me, you won't be."  Jim assured.

Sonya nodded, smiling as they resumed the trek back to the houses. Sonya kept up at an easy jog, with her having enhanced strength and speed, it was no issue for her, even in her human form.

"So . . . what did you get?" Toby prompted Claire about the Spanish Test.

"C-plus." She replied, then looked to Jim, "You?"

"D. And probably summer school." Jim sighed in defeat.

Claire looked on with concern, "Señor Uhl said that next week's Spanish final counts for 20 percent of our grade."

Sonya jogged down the street as they made a turn, "Huh, maybe you can ace that test, and not have to go to summer school." she chuckled.

"Yea, Jimbo!" Toby added as they pulled up to Jim's house, "20 percent is the difference between life and death. Now, onto a new topic," he jabbed a thumb at Sonya who stood by them, her arms folded, "weren't you declared dead?" he asked.

Sonya shrugged, "I was. My host family thought I got mauled and eaten by a giant brown wolf when it was really my Loboan form." she shoved her hands in her pockets.

Jim dismounted his bike and pulled off his helmet, "Let me handle my mom, we just say that . . . you're a friend who needs some help." he shrugged as he walked to the door.

"You think your mom will buy it?" Claire asked.

"Let's find out." Jim mumbled as he opened the door, "Mom?" he called into the cozy house, "Are you home?"

Sonya stood in the doorway awkwardly before closing it behind her, honestly, the last time she was in this house was with Draal, in the basement cuddling. She rubbed her head If Dr. Lake found out . . . she shuddered at the following conversation.

"In here, kids." Came Barbra's voice.

Sonya hung back a bit as they moved to the living room, and Sonya was met with the looks of Claire's parents, and Toby's grandmother. Oh, boy. Sonya shot Jim a worried look, but Jim held up a hand.

"Oh, hello." Nana waved, chuckling.

Sonya waved too, only to be cut off by Barbra as she addressed Jim, "We need to talk. But first," she looked to the brunette, "who is she?"

"A friend." Claire quickly said, "She's my . . . study buddy. Right Gwen?" she elbowed Sonya's ribs.

Catching onto the fake name, Sonya nodded, "Yeah, names Gwen, Claire's helping me with. . . Español." She chuckled nervously, "Holy Señora, Como estas?"  That was literally the only thing Sonya knew in Spanish.