Chapter Twenty:

The prochecy went somehting like this,
"A day is coming dear children of the moon that we will no longer be separated from the coming issues in our intercreatural exchanges. The Moon will fall from the sky, and the Earth will be turned upside down. Heroes will come not of one pack but out of many. One must band together to be concurred. One cannot stand alone."
This came at a poor time to say the least, because the rebel problem was still at a standstill and there were increased tensions between the faes and the vampires, the spellcasters and the naturals. We were only left out for so long because of how far away our nation was to other creatures and mortals. Unlike other creatures, we were not depent upon the mortal for existance. The world was getting smaller, and we couldn't really hide anymore. I wanted to do something; my wolf howled inside of me to press onward. Their were rumors that a force of magical creatures were banding together to put an end to our world as we knew it and to enslave the humans and to put the kingdoms under the allegiance of one supreme dictator. Talk of this plot had always flared up whenever their was internal and external conflicts.
Dimitri told me about this whenever he came back from his meeting with his father. They had gotten along so well nowadays, which was good yet scary. Since Genna's fall from grace, Dimitri, by default, took the spot of the golden child, a title he had rarely ever known. I was wary of this, because his father's favor could lead to influence, then things would never change. We had soldiers surrounding the rebel pack, but they were commanded to do nothing; their actions depended upon if the rebels would except a peaceful end to this. We couldn't afford an uprising; we were one of the only nations that was looked upon for its strong unity. This had the potential to become something deadly not just in the Lunar kingdom but around the world.
I tried to push all of this out of my mind to enjoy the rest of the day. I didn't want any serious stuff to occur right now: no thinking about the prophecy, the Rebels, the deteriorating global unity, and everything in between. I took a deep breath and blocked it (tried to anyways) from my mind. "Whatcha listening to?" Dimitri asked with a light tone.
"Music," I replied simply.
"Obviously," he replied, rolling his eyes at me.
"Come here and find out," I said, handing him an earbud after he laid down beside me. We spent the next few hours listening to my whole iPod on shuffle. There was all kinds of music from Ed Sheeran to Maroon 5 to Blake Shelton to Aretha Franklin to the Beatles to the Eagles. It was always a gamble what kind of music I'd be into on a particular day.
"You're amazing," he said out of the blue, "You know that?"
"No, I'm not," I replied somberly
"That is a lie."
"No, it's not."
"Fine, I'll rephrase that. I think you are amazing."
"I'm still not, but thank you."
We wouldn't have a lazy day like this one for a long time. The days ahead were jam packed with events and issues. Dimitri grew cold and distant again. Our moment of closeness was fleeting; we barely saw each other. Since Genna's attempted escape, the Queen had started rescheduling our sessions, giving me more work than ever. Dimitri often feel asleep, slumped over his desk. I was sad, lonely, and exhausted. How could things change course so much?