11: Safety

I was already shaking from my shot. "Breathe," the voice instructed, and I did whenever I finally realized who it was, "it's just me."
"Thank goodness! You gave me a heart attack!" Not literally, but my heart was beating at a concerning pace.
"Nice shot by the way," Jonah added, smiling at me. "Be safe!"
"Don't worry about me," I told him.
"I still will..."
I didn't know what to say in a time like tho because anything could happen so I kissed him goodbye quickly and headed off into woods away from him towards the cave. He still gave me butterflies, and there was still an undeniable spark between us. He was just all I could've ever dreamed up, and sometimes I wondered how I could be so lucky to have him as my own.
I ended up getting lost on my way there, because most likely I went the wrong way. It was pretty scary, but I wandered around trying to find a familiar face or even the cave or an open shot if possible. I had not crossed paths with anyone else, which was good and bad. I knew nothing about the fight nor could I contribute any more than my lucky shot.
I crept towards the sun, which was still setting, because I remembered the sun being at our backs before. I hoped. I hoped they hadn't gone. Then I stumbled upon it, the cave, and an unwelcome sight, two men investigating around it. I couldn't take any chances, so after saying a quick prayer, I raised the crossbow to shoot the one with his vital organs more exposed. I started to squeeze the trigger when once again someone from behind me pulled me backwards by my neck. I started to gag, alerting the men. The rushed over to their comrade who was slowly choking me. So this was what dying felt like; it was horrifying. I could feel my face turning an odd color.
A female voice spoke; I had been wrong. One of them was a female with a short cropped cut. "Release her!" The rope around my throat did not loosen. "Now, Komski!"
I was released and collapsed, falling on the snow. I coughed wildly and looked up at my savior. I knew her! It was that friend of Dimitri's mate; she was Darius's mate! "I will escort her immediately." Then she turned to face me, "Get up!" There was no warmth in her tone, "Now!" She kicked me in the ribs. I curled over in pain. The two men, the one called Komski and the one who choked me, lifted me from under my arms.
"Where are you taking me?" I demanded.
"We are taking you home, where you belong!" she spat.
"Help me!" I shrieked as loudly as I could.
"Shut up!" she cried.
"Jonah!" I screamed louder, "Bailey!"
"I'm warning you!"
"Carla! Jesse!" She moved forward towards me. As a last effort I tried, "Chad!"

Then, the world went dark.