The Search Begins

"We're not safe here anymore." Herobrine said.

He was pacing the room. You were laying on the couch, barely keeping your eyes open. The potions you both drank had mostly gotten rid of your wounds. You both were hiding in the den, hoping you still had the time to think of a plan before the Catalyst woke up.

By the time you actually arrived at the den, you were exhausted and Herobrine was buzzing with energy. With that energy he came up with four different plans: Find Steve and travel to Sky City, hoping it's far enough away for the Catalyst to never find you; find the Catalyst and kill it off; message the King and hide out in the Nether until the Catalyst gives up; or stay in the den and wait for the Catalyst to come.

The safest plan was to message the King and hide in the Nether since it was a different dimension. You didn't like the idea of being idle for so long, though. You were leaning towards finding Steve and traveling to Sky City, but you didn't know if it would be far enough away. The idea of being caught off guard wasn't pleasant and you would hate getting Steve involved with the mess you and Herobrine were in.

Still, you missed Steve. You wanted to see him again and you knew that he was tough. You felt your eyelids droop again. You shook your head and looked over at Herobrine, who was still pacing the room.

"I think...we should go to Steve." You said.

Herobrine stopped his pacing to look at you.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Well, it was the original plan." You answered.

"That's true, but...we're being followed now."

"The more, the merrier. Steve's tough, you know."

"I know. I'm not opposed, I'm just..."

He glanced over at you and then to the floor. You sat up more on the couch.

"I'm just worried." He finally said.

You stood up. You walked over to Herobrine and reached for his shoulder. He looked back at you. There was a pause.

"I am, too." You said.

He smiled. He reached over for your hand and took it off his shoulder. He held it for a moment before letting go.

"Let's pack our stuff, then." He said.

There was a small flurry of gathering until you were satisfied with your bag. You tried not to take up too much time, but you made sure you had enough. Clothes, food, some stray materials, and a sword. Herobrine packed his similarly, but with more maps.

You had no idea where Steve could be, but Herobrine had a couple of locations circled on the maps.

"He's bound to be in some town. He's alone and most likely searching for us, so he'd stop somewhere around the last place we left him." He said.

"Should we start where we left him, then?" You asked.

"I forgot where we left him, so...no. Let's just start at this town. It's close-ish to Sky City."

He pointed to a location on the map. You threw your bag over your shoulder and followed Herobrine outside. He took one of your hands.

"I'm gonna try to teleport us near there, but I haven't been there in a while, so it might not work." He said.

You nodded and closed your eyes. There was a silence and then you felt dizzy. Your heels thudded against the ground and you opened your eyes. You were surrounded in a thick woods with tall flowers blooming everywhere. You stared in wonder until you heard Herobrine curse.