boys' day

a/n: this is the first time I'm copy and pasting from my phone to update, so sorry if the format is funky.

"where are you two going?" seulgi asks as she sits with yeji at the table, painting yeji's nails with some kid friendly non toxic nail polish. jaebeom smiles, hyunjin's hand in his.

"boys' day." he answers with a shrug.

"like a dad and son thing? how cute."

"yeah... like a dad, son, and uncle jack thing."

"i want to hang out with uncle jack too!" yeji complains and jaebeom shakes his head.

"no, boys only."

"what are you all doing on this boys' day?"

"fishing."

"it's ridiculously cold out... and hyunjin can't even swim!"

"calm your nerves, lady. we're indoor fishing."

"and that's fun?" yeji wonders, looking to her mother for answers.

"yeah. it is." jaebeom admits, "now, we're out of here. take care of my other son, who I would surely take with me if i could." he teases, walking over to kiss seulgi goodbye, rubbing her stomach. her due date is fast approaching, and it's a little hard to believe that soon jeongin will be here.

"okay... i'm sure yeji and i will have fun on our own." seulgi states, "isn't that right?"

"yes!" yeji agrees, waving goodbye to hyunjin and jaebeom as they leave.

together they walk to the parking garage, and when their car is spotted, hyunjin laughs, zooming off to the drivers seat as jaebeom unlocks it. jaebeom indulges him, opening the door and watching hyunjin climb in, kneeling in the seat to reach the wheel. "vroom vroom?" hyunjin questions, making jaebeom laugh.

"you want to drive today, buddy?" he sneaks a few photos, sending them to seulgi right way.

"yes!"

"you can't, you'll have to wait a bit longer.." jaebeom tells him, picking him up and taking him to the backseat to strap him down in his booster. "but, as soon as you can, appa will teach you." he pulls some toy trucks out of his coat pocket, handing them to hyunjin to keep him preoccupied before hopping in the driver's seat and taking off.

this will be the first time he's really had a day with just hyunjin, and he feels kind of bad for it? he'll admit, yeji has a special place in his heart since she's his first born and only girl. hyunjin's luckily too young to remember any favoritism, but he wants to do better. especially since jeongin is on his way and a newborn will require a lot more attention. the woes of having three kid is that he's terrified to have one of his kids feel forgotten about. that being said, he's ecstatic to grow his family.

hyunjin's pretty quiet when he's alone and without yeji. he keeps to himself, playing with his toys while jaebeom drives listening to the radio. usually, yeji sings or demands that they listen to what she wants, which is usually disney princess songs, so jaebeom's happy to be able to listen to what he wants to without any complaints. it makes for a peaceful drive.

when they arrive at jackson's apartment and knock, jackson answers shuffling around. "sorry, i can't find my shirt."

"then wear a different one?" jaebeom suggests, grabbing hyunjin's hand as they enter.

"i can't just wear any shirt. i'm a walking advertisement, i have to wear my sponsors."

"no one will know."