00| PROLOGUE

Enemies to the sight of the world; science partners in secret. That's what the Union and Potestas were.

A perfect duo to rule the world, both nations only, working as secret allies to conquer the entire world; stopping at nothing and hurting and destroying everything their way to fulfill their burning desire of ruling the small universe they lived in.

Enemies? Far from it.

The good thing was that for a few more seconds and she and her brother wouldn't be science rats anymore. She looked out a window and analyzed the sky. The sun wouldn't rise within a few more hours; at least they would have enough time to get out of that dungeon and hide in the trees.

The big question was: Would this work?

Snapping her out of her thoughts her brother turned to glance at her worriedly. His glance seemed to constantly be asking her 'are you sure we'll make it?' She smiled at him hoping he would calm down, although she was doubtful herself.

Both had gone through lots of inhuman pain, and their enemies were far from being weak.

A pair of scientists strolled by, completely oblivious to their presence. She prayed this would be a success. After all, they were the only two out of 600 orphans who survived the brutal experimental treatment of Potestites and Uninites. They were the gems of their eyes. Escaping was but a mere dream.

The white sleeves of their stolen science coats hid the blood that dribbled down from their wrists. The pain helped her focus on her mission. "Now!" She softly shoved her brother towards the metallic doors.

The two immediately pushed the exit doors and rushed outside; she could hear the icy snow crunching beneath their feet and the howling wind scratched mercilessly at their faces.

The sirens blared almost immediately they stepped out of the hidden building. Her heartbeat increased, and she took hold of her brother's hand as they jumped the small sensors embedded into the snow-covered ground.

Just as promised, a silhouette was there already waiting for them on a snow motorcycle with the proper equipment waiting to be slipped on. The two teens rushed towards it in the darkness of the dawn and slipped on the helmets and jackets as they jumped on the motorcycle with the woman.

A trail of blood was sprinkled on the snow, and the two children wrapped a worn cloth around their bleeding wrists, tearing off the white disguise, letting the winter wind bite their bare arms. That would have to do until they reached somewhere safe.

With that, they rushed off; leaving the lab sirens sounding far behind, and the shooters shooting at the air for them, the three, had already left behind the mountains that once held them captive.

"We're headed over to France." The woman said. The winter wind carried her words away.

They headed to their destination in silence.

-

Paris was beautiful. It was a sorrow that their stay would be ephemeral. Within a couple of months, they would be in the "enemy country" of Potestas; the Union.

"I will teach you to use your new strengths wisely," the woman said as she bandaged their bleeding wrists and tried to warm them up.

She knew that they were no longer ordinary teenagers; they were no longer ordinary humans.