holla if you need me.

"Here's your double espresso vanilla macchiato and your two French macaroons. Thank you for coming to Picadeli's. Have a nice day." Midori said as she gave the last customer their order. Taking the apron from around her waist, she quickly disappeared from behind the counter, into the back to clock out.

3:15 pm

After gathering her belongings, she said her goodbyes and made her way to Luigi's, where she would eat lunch before heading to her second job. She ordered her usual single-pan pizza and a ginger ale and sat at her usual booth in the back. Ignoring multiple texts from her ex-boyfriend, she decided to text her best friend since childhood, Lennox.

Midori: What you doin?

Lennox: Just dropped Derrick off at football practice. Wya? Luigi's?

Midori: Am I that predictable?

Lennox: Lmao. Hell yeah. I'm be there in a second. Order fa me please.

Midori: Kk

Getting back up, Midori ordered Lennox's usual before heading back to her booth. Like clockwork, Lennox came strolling in towering in all 6'3 of his glory.

"Waddup. You look like shit." He grinned at Midori causing her to roll her eyes and chuckle.

"Gee thanks best friend. I most definitely am not tired from a lengthy break up with my boyfriend and an early shift that's about to be followed by another shift." She spoke sarcastically.

"You left that nigga for now or for good?" He asked before getting up to retrieve their food from the counter. Coming back with their trays, he sat Midori's food down in front of her and began setting up his food how he liked.

"Forreal this time Nixy. I'm tired of hurting and wondering what I did wrong every time he fucks up. I just want some peace." She said solemnly. He cleared his throat as he swallowed the bite of pizza.

"..you coulda had it made Dori and you know it." He spoke. Midori sighed, knowing what he was referencing.

"I didn't wanna ruin our friendship Lennox! And you had April who was so sweet and in love with you, I just couldn't." She expressed as she closed her pizza box, no longer having an appetite.

"..what about now Midori? What's stopping you now?" He stared at her. She looked away, too afraid to stare into those big brown eyes of his.

"..Julian already thinks we have something going on, it would just make it seem like he was right- like I was two-timing behind his back. I can't do that." She said lowly. Lennox kissed his teeth.

"You just told me you done with that nigga for good and now he's the reason you won't give me a chance?! That's bullshit and you know it Midori! I've been here! I've never left your side! You let these niggas play with your heart over and over, but God forbid I wanna treat you right. You come up with every excuse to shut me down. First it was April, then it was our friendship, then it was my job, then your job, now it's Julian. Spare me the excuses and just tell me no straight up like you've been wanting to." He spat. Packing up his food, he grabbed his belongings before getting up leaving a crying Midori at the booth.

"I'm leaving, all of a sudden I ain't hungry no more. You know where ima be at. Holla if you need me." He spoke before exiting the restaurant.

Midori sighed as she wiped her tears, knowing the more she chose not to be truthful about her feelings with Lennox, the more she would put a strain on their relationship.

***

Stepping into the shower after a long night shift, Midori sighed. No longer worried about Julian, the only person on her mind was Lennox. As she lathered her body, she could only think of the first and only time she got to experience feeling on his. Lennox took her virginity their senior year of high school before he went off to college to play basketball.