Chapter 3

Weeks had gone by since Evelynn had visited Roman. Unknown to Ethan and his family. The topic of Super Pyros and human society trying to find a way to protect themselves had risen, the news was teeming with stories and news reports about it. Ethan tried to stay away from it, knowing that he was one of the Super Pyros everyone was so afraid of, he wanted to keep his mind off of it. Fortunately for him, his family was having an old family friend over for the weekend, which would help him stay focused on something else.

Amber, Ethan's Mother, sent the three kids out to get some last minute things. So they were shopping all day. Ethan never liked shopping, and he was bored out of his mind, but he tried his best not to show it. Rebecca looked in the rear view mirror. "We won't be out too long Ethan, don't worry," she said. Ethan nodded and looked back out the window. Stacey was in the passenger seat, texting, laughing at every single text she got. Ethan and Rebecca knew, she was talking to Walter. She finally put her phone down. "Come on Ethan, it's been years since we've seen John and his family, it's gotta be perfect," said Stacey. Ethan couldn't help but smile.

Ethan looked back out the window, but thought about what Stacey just said. It had been a long time, and it was a breath of fresh air to see his family. John was Bruce's best friend, Ethan's father. They had been friends ever since they were really young.

John was like Ethan's Uncle, he was very close to the family. But he was a reserved man, when you were around him, you could tell he was always watching the area, keeping his eye out like he was looking for someone. Like Ethan's Father, John was a Super Pyro, crimson fire, burning bright red. Ethan and his family had no idea what John did for work, and they were pretty rich. But as reserved about his business life as John was, he was one of the caring people the Shelton family knew. It was hard on him when he found out about Bruce's murder.

The kids pulled up to the store, and went to get the last remaining things. Ethan once again tried not to show that he so bored he could kill himself. Stacey and Rebecca smiled, and started walking. As they walked up, they noticed that a large group of people was circling around the Electronic store window. "What's going on here," asked Stacey. Ethan walked up, slipping through until he got to the front. All the TVs had the same thing on it, a large Press Conference, and the person talking was a woman named Evelynn Smoke. Ethan saw how cold she was even from the screen.

He also noticed that the head line said, "The Salvation of Mankind", and he knew whatever she was talking about, it wasn't going to be good. "We coming to you live with this Press Conference, as Evelynn Smoke, a well known figure in Law Enforcement, has presented a possible "Solution" to the Super Pyro situation," said the reporter. Evelynn stood at the platform, a cold gaze in her eye.

"For over a hundred years, the human race has been in a struggle of power... A struggle that the humans have been losing. And now, it won't be long before we are taken down completely," said Evelynn. She took out a remote and click a button. A large hologram popped up, and the video started playing. Ethan twitched, and his sisters shrunk back a bit. It was the surveillance footage of Roman attacking the girls. "As you all can see, this power that the Pyros now possess, is something we are not equipped for," said Evelynn.

"You have asked for a solution, a protection against these people, and we have one," said Evelynn. Everyone watching the TV started to murmur. "These people need to be contained, these people need to be controlled. They are a danger to those around them," said Evelynn. Her words cut deep, and every sentence made the group angrier. Ethan saw eyes starting to glow. Ethan kept a straight face, his anger boiling as well. This woman was talking like they were dangerous animals, or weapons of chaos.

A reporter raised her hand. "Ms. Smoke if I may, I'm Bailey Cain of Nation Co., You talk like there's going to be an uprising, according to sources, not all Pyros have powers like this, and from the tape, not every Pyro is as dangerous as you say," she said. Evelynn's expression didn't change. "I am aware of the fact, that every Pyro, is not out to destroy, this is about preparing for the future," said Evelynn.