Chapter 6

Ethan sat in the backseat, while John and Abraham talked about what their plan was. John told him that as soon as they got where they needed to go, they would contact his family. Ethan had been gone for a day now, and he knew his family was worried sick about him. John did however, call his wife, and told her to let them know what had happened, and what was going on.

He had fallen asleep a few times, throughout the trip, and he was falling asleep now. It had just taken hold of him, when John shook him, releasing him from sleeps grip. "Hey sleepy head, we're here," said John with a smile. Ethan grabbed his stuff and got out of the car. Abraham pulled off as they got out. "Where is he going?," asked Ethan. John gestured him to follow him. "He's putting the car in a safe place, we can't really use the same car to often now," he said. Ethan looked at John with a confused look on his face.

"Don't worry Ethan, we'll explain everything soon," said John. They walked up to a cluster of old buildings. The buildings all looked the same, besides having different colors to them. They were worn down, some of them had windows busted out. John and Ethan walked up to one of them. He knocked on the door, a specific three knock, a rest, then another two knocks. "We've been keeping an eye on this Icer project for a long time," said John.

"Your father and I knew that people in high places knew about us Super Pyros, and with our track record of being activists, they kept a close eye on us," said John. Ethan looked at John, "Dad knew about this?," he asked. John nodded.

"We were young, and we weren't the first Super Pyros, we had heard stories about Pyro's flames changing, but I never believed it," said John with a laugh. He looked at his hand. "But once we changed, we knew we would have people on our backs if we didn't stop and play it smart, and not just that Bruce had just gotten married, and had Rebecca," said John, "He wasn't about to put his family in danger." Ethan smiled, his father had always held family very high, and he always looked out for them.

John looked at the door with an irritated look on his face. "Come on," he said. He went to knock again, when the door opened. "It's about time," said John. Ethan looked at the person in front of him. He was young boy. He was maybe three years older than he was, the boy was tall, and slim. Ethan noticed that his hair had green streaks in it, he wore a sleeveless green hoodie, a black shirt beneath. Black skinny jeans with tears in them, along with green and black converse. He had an earring in his right ear, a green stone on it.

The boy looked at Ethan, a look of disinterest on his face. "What the heck to you so long?," asked John, "We've been standing out here for five minutes Zeke." Zeke snorted.

"Don't be so dramatic John, it hasn't been that long," said Zeke. He looked at Ethan again, "I assuming this is the fresh meat you called about," he said. Ethan and Zeke looked at each other, not breaking eye contact. Ethan could tell he wasn't going to like this kid very much. "He doesn't look like much," said Zeke. Ethan glared at him, Zeke glaring back. "You're one to talk twig," said Abraham, laughing his deep laugh. John smiled, as Zeke shot a sour glance at Abraham. "Very funny," he said.

John gestured everyone to get inside. The guys walked down a hallway, and down some stairs at the end of the hallway. Zeke performed the same knock once they got to a door at the bottom of the stairs. A woman opened the door, mid 30's, wore all white, short hair almost as long as Ethan's. "Boys," she said, stepping aside to let them in. "Thank you Yasmine, see Zeke, quick and easy," said John. "Yeah yeah ," said Zeke. Ethan looked around. This place looked very, comfortable, couches and lazy boys throughout. Multiple bedrooms, a few TVs. "Welcome to the den," said John with a smile.

Ethan smiled as he walked around. "So, this is Ethan," said Yasmine. Ethan looked around, then turned to her and nodded. "He's handsome," she said to John. John chuckled. He looked around, "Hey, where's Alisha?," asked John. Ethan heard a door open from behind him as looked into the kitchen. He turned, and his eyes got big. The girl that stood before him was about Michelle's age, her eyes were a glowing purple, and her hair was long, down to her back.