Chapter 12

That night was peaceful, quiet and cool. The Pyro team was in the base, planning their next move. Ethan sat outside on the roof, watching the nice sky. He loved looking at the stars and admiring their beauty. Star gazing was his father's favorite hobby, and it was something Ethan loved to do. The night was a clear night, so the stars were shining and impressive.

The sound of someone climbing onto the roof made Ethan turn quickly. Walter struggled his way onto the roof, "I gotta work out more," he said. Ethan chuckled as he turned back over the horizon. Walter walked over and leaned on the ledge next to Ethan. "What are you doing up here?," asked Walter. Ethan took a big whiff of the fresh night air. "Just like watching the stars is all," he said.

Walter looked up to the starry sky. "Yeah, it's really neat," he said, "Where's Michelle? I thought she'd be up here with you." Ethan shook his head, "She's asleep, she was pretty tired," he said.

"To think we'd be here you know, running from a group of super enhanced humans with the opposite set of abilities as you," said Walter. Ethan laughed at how Walter said all that without even laughing, and then agreed. "Our lives are crazy that's for sure," he said. Ethan and Walter laughed some more.

"Hey man, I've been meaning to ask," said Walter. Ethan turned and looked at Walter. "What's it like? Being a Super Pyro?," asked Walter. Ethan looked at his hand, feeling the power going through him. He had grown accustomed to it, so he had forgotten how it had felt. "It's like power is ripping through my body, like a river, going through every part of my body," he said. Walter smiled with excitement. "That's so cool bro," he said.

Ethan smiled, "Yeah, it's still hard to control though, I'm not used to having this much power all the time," he said.

"I knew you were strong man, even when we first met," said Walter. Ethan looked at him. "The fact that we're running from a group of people that fear your power is crazy," said Walter, looking out to the horizon. "Thanks for coming Walter," said Ethan. Walter put his hand on Ethan's shoulder. "Of course bro, I'm your right hand man remember!! And we're like your..... A.H team," said Walter.

"A.H team?," asked Ethan chuckling.

"Yep, your Alpha Human team," said Walter, his fist in the air. They both start laughing historically. Ethan enjoyed having friends like Walter in his life. They caught their breaths as they looked back into the night sky. Ethan started thinking of his friends back home. Josh, Tim, Oliver, Jewels and his family. Walter noticed that Ethan expression had turned somewhat serious now.

"You okay man?," asked Walter. Ethan broke his train of thought and looked at Walter. "Yeah I'm okay man.... I just miss my family, and the gang you know," said Ethan, "They must be so worried." Walter punched Ethan in the shoulder softly. "You'll see them soon enough man, this will all be over once we-," he started to say.

Ethan looked over, and noticed Walter was looking at something. He looked out into the horizon, and noticed a light. A bright white light, small but very noticable. This light was also floating. "What the heck is that?," asked Walter. The faint sound of pepellars was heard as well. Then multiple lights from the road appeared, pairs of them. Then horror hit Ethan like a brick wall.

His eyes burst into a glowing fury, just as a giant ice blast was launched from the side of one of the buildings around them. Ethan tackled Walter out of the way, just as the blasted connected. It exploded with amazing strength, shaking the building. "WHAT THE-," screamed Walter. Ethan ran to the edge, and looked over as teams of Icers and men in black combat suits poured out from the building.

"Tell the others, NOW!!," ordered Ethan. Walter ran to the ladder. "Wait, what about you?," he asked turning around. Ethan ignited a fireball, "I'm right behind you, go," he said. Then he launched at the cluster of agents. "INCOMING," screamed one as the blast launched everyone away. Three of the Icers were able to block and withstand the attack in time.