The 104th Cadet Corps

It was really simple and easy. The next night, the minute I knew that everyone was asleep, I went back into Attack on Titan. This time, I zoomed forward to the part when Eren announces that he is going to join the military. I hid around the corner and waited all night. I didn't get much sleep so I wandered around for a bit and guess who I ran into? I saw 3 little kids all bundled up together under one blanket. There they were. The titans themselves. The ones who caused all of this. Reiner Braun, Bertholdt Hoover, and Annie Leonhart. They honestly all looked so adorable all cuddled up like that. I noticed that all 3 of them clutched a piece of paper in their hands. Too worried to wake them up, I walked away. Finally, morning came. 

     I followed Eren, Armin, and Mikasa to a wooden building with a large poster advertising the cadet corps. There wasn't a very long line, so it was my turn before I knew it.They brought us in a few at a time and had us line up. It wasn't until I was standing right next to Eren that I realized that Eren is actually taller than me. That's actually really weird because I'm supposed to be a whole year older than him and I already hit my major growth spurts. So why do I feel like a midget? That's when I made the connection. I don't have any physical signs that I've been through puberty! I don't even look like a legal teenager! So I have come to a conclusion, that it's most likely that I become the age of the main character in the story. I think. 

     They brought us up one at a time and asked us a few basic questions and wrote information about you to go on your soldier records in case it is needed.

Soldier: Full name?

Victoria: Ruth D. Kline. 

     It was the first name that came to my mind. I liked the name Ruth and the last part sounds like decline. (D. Kline) (Decline).  

Soldier: Age?

Ruth: 13.

Soldier: Date of birth?

Ruth: December 22nd. 

Soldier: What is your residence? 

Ruth: My what?

Soldier: Your place of birth. Your hometown. The place where you spend the most time. 

Ruth: Oh. Ummm. I'm from Calaneth District. That's on the east side of Wall Rose. 

Soldier: Any medical issues? Do you take any medications?

Ruth: Not really. 

     That was also a lie. I have a light case of asthma and ADHD, but that's nothing too big. I can just bring an inhaler back with me next time. 

     After that, they just got my height and weight. Then they had me checked for any signs of diseases before signing a piece of paper and stamping it with a really official wax stamp. Then they sent me off and told me that the boat with all of the newly enlisted soldiers would leave the next morning. They told me that I am to report there on time with all of my stuff early in the morning at the docks. They said that they will leave behind anyone who's late. They also said that I had to come with that paper to show that I was enlisted. 

     I agreed and waited for what seemed like forever before the sun finally came up the next day. I headed out to the dock immediately and showed my paper to the officer standing guard there. He told me to take a seat wherever I wanted and stay seated until instructed to exit the boat. 

     I sat down in an open spot and the bus and looked around. There wasn't a lot of other people here yet, and most were unfamiliar faces, but I did recognize a few of them. I saw Hannah Diamant huddled next to Mina Carolina. On the other side was Connie Springer and Daz. 

     Later, the boat started to fill up with more recognizable characters. Christa followed by Ymir a few minutes later, and of course, Annie, Reiner, and Bertholdt. Sasha was one of the last people to enter the boat. I thought that I saw Jean enter the other boat behind us and I could assume that the main trio were on that boat as well. 

     With that, the boat started to leave the dock, packed to the brim with people enlisted in the military. Just the feeling of being surrounded by the very people I wished to meet face to face was quite overwhelming. And still, as the boat slowly moved along the canal towards the inner walls, I knew that I was starting to write my own story along the lines of one of the most famous animes out there.