Rebirth

I shot up in my bed. Was it all a dream? No way. It was way too real to be a dream. So that's how it works... I die and I automatically go back to the real world. 

     Suddenly, I wasn't afraid anymore. I could just enter this world as many times as I wanted. So that's what I did. 

     I hadn't even realized it in the past, but I could have gone back to before the titan attack on Shiganshina and save Marvin. I went way back to before the colossal titan's first appearance and headed over to Marvin's little shop. I came back in with the obolus I had stolen earlier and bought a pair of light brown eye contacts and some makeup for making you look brand new. After about an hour of playing around with it, I got what appeared to be a whole new me. I colored in my eyebrows, wore fake eyelashes, and even put a layer of foundation to make me look tanner and cover up my freckles. And it worked like a charm. I also styled my brown hair into a messy midway ponytail and I even had Marvin cut my bangs and part them. I also bought some pads that I could high in the soles of my shoes. Originally, I had been 155 cm (5"1) and 42 kg, but with the pads, hidden weights, and 2 years of aging through puberty again, I managed to become a surprising 170 cm and 57 kg. After a touch of hairspray, you probably couldn't even tell that I was the same as Ruth D. Kline. 

Soldier: Full name? 

Victoria: Lynne Thurbur.

Soldier: Age?

Lynne: 13.

Soldier: Date of birth?

Lynne: February 17th.

Soldier: What is your residence?

Lynne: Krolva District. Wast side of Wall Rose, sir. 

Soldier: Any medical issues?

Lynne: None sir. 

Soldier: So you don't take any medications?

Lynne: No sir. 

Soldier: Ok cadet Lynne. You're all set. 

     This time, I went by the name of a character from a book that I read called The Great Greene Heist. There was a girl in there named Lynne Thurbur and I thought that it sounded like a name for people in this world. My birthday, I just chose a random date and went with that. 

     This time, I went a bit farther back and joined the 99th Cadet Corps. I wore a plain white t-shirt underneath my uniform so I'd look a bit different. I would have to go to bed with my makeup on and wake up extra early so I could shower and put on another layer before everyone else sees me. I wasn't exactly looking forward to another year of training, but this one wasn't as bad as the previous. I guess they went easier on us because the threat of titans wasn't a real concern at this point. 

     During my days here, I found another character with some importance to the story. Her name was Nanaba. I quickly got to know her and we soon became close friends. Later on, Gelgar became a part of our group. 

    By the end of training, I was surprised to make the top 10 this time around. Nanaba, no surprise at all, snagged the #1 spot for herself. I had seen what a quick thinker she was and how she was able to read the situation. She was a born leader and seemed to have a knack for making very deep cuts on the phoney titans during ODM training. I was also trusted with her biggest secret. The one that is mentioned seconds before she dies. 

     I had gotten the #5 spot this time. So that evening, on the night before we would chose our regiments, the top 10 were called in for a meeting. There, we were greeted by commander Eyebrows- oops, I mean Erwin- Smith himself along with THE Captain Levi, Commander Hange, Moblit Berner, and Mike Zacharias.

Commander Eyebrows: Good evening and thank you for joining us tonight. I'm sure you were very busy. Now I know that most of you are probably looking to join the Military Police, but hear me out. We are looking for a squad to accompany Mike on scouting expeditions and we believe that you are our best option. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, but if any of you join the Survey Corps tomorrow, you will be placed into the elites fresh out of training with one of our best soldiers. We regret to say that this option is only open to 5 of you. So the top 5 highest ranking people to join the Survey Corps with automatically be placed with Commander Mike here. 

     Of course, this interested me. Not only had I already planned on going to the Survey Corps, but I also I was in the top 5. So I could get in to matter what. Besides, Mike Zacharias is second best to Levi. So that meant that if Mike wanted to have me on his team, then he clearly sees potential in me. 

     The next morning, I stood at attention while Commander Erwin gave a speech about the dangers they would face and how it was for the good of humanity. When the time came, I wasn't afraid to walk away. Life isn't as scary when your immortal. I looked over at everyone else. There weren't a lot of people left, but I did know recognize the top 5 of our class had all stayed behind while the other 5 left, probably to join the MPs.

     Nanaba and Gelgar looked over at me with concerned expressions. 

Nanaba: You're not going to join the MPs?

Gelgar: I knew Nanaba wouldn't waste her skills, but I didn't expect you to stay.

Lynne: Says the guy that would get drunk before an expedition.

Gelgar: Hey!

Nanaba: Ha! You see? We know you too well, Gelgar.

     In the end, the top 5 of the 99th Cadet Corps all ended up joining one of the most elite scout squads under the command of Mike Zacharias. We got to know each other before setting out to the Scouting Regiment's headquarters. 

1. Nanaba 

2. Gelgar

3. Tomas

4. Henning

5. Lynne