Chapter 2 - The town

You looked for material in the store while Tanjiro was selling his coal to acquaintances. 

The store offered different types of lantern fabrics, but since you had no experience making them. You had to find a professional to figure out the special techniques. The bell from the store's entrance rang and a man wearing a red mask entered the room. 

- Oh Haganezuka-sama ! Long time no see ! The seller welcomed his return while he began to talk with him about Nichirin Blades. 

- What's a Nichirin Blade ? you through to yourself ... 

After a short while the man left leaving you and the seller alone. 

- Greetings young lady, do you need any help ? He asked knowing you've been there for a long time with your confused look on your face.

- I could some help indeed. Erm- Do you know which fabric is better to make lanterns ? You hoped to discover something from your question. 

- Here's the best cloth I can offer you miss. He handed you the material over the reception table with a smile on his face. 

- I am an old man, but besides that I have lived long enough to get acquainted with experts in lantern manufacturing. If you ever need their help you just have to go see the man with the red mask you saw earlier. He will be able to help you there, but for the moment you are shining with a pretty promising aura ... I am agreed that you will accomplish many grandiose things, my dear! Good luck ! 

You thanked him and decided to go find Tanjiro with your basket containing the fabric. 

*** 

He ran over to you " Y/N ! Y/N ! LOOK I SOLD THEM ALL ! He squealed with his usual smile on his face.  

- GoOd JoB ! You responded in the same tone of voice in a joking way.  

- Remember you asked me what a friend was ? It's someone who respects you, someone whom you trust and who trusts you. A friend is honest and makes you want to be honest, too. A friend is loyal. It's someone you cold spend a lot of time with without being bored. Just like our bond ! Tanjiro explained. 

- So that's what a friend is... 

*** 

The night was approaching very fast, you could even begin to feel the freshness of the evening. It was late and the demons could come out any minute now. By surprise, a man with a red mask stopped us and then said that it was too dangerous to continue our journey. He proposed to stay at his house for the night.

You found the situation quite stressful, because your parents always told you that you should not go into anyone's home, especially at night

You found the situation quite stressful, because your parents always told you that you should not go into anyone's home, especially at night. "Only at friends or family". This sentence said by your father resonated in your head. 

- Y/N, we don't have a better choice and the man seems kinda nice so why not ? Tanjiro spoke. 

- Alright then, you answered while entering the house. 

The man had to prepare a soup recently, because a delicious smell ran through the room making your bellies gurgling from hunger. To make us feel better and more reassured, the man with the mask presents himself on behalf of Sakonji Urokodaki and we did the same as eating the soup. 

- MAN THAT'S THE BEST SOUP I'VE EVER EATEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE ! CAN I HAVE MORE ? PLEASEEE !! You shouted with the same attitude as a kid who ate too much sugar. Everyone laughed at the man accepted to give you more.

Before we went to bed, Urokodaki installed mattresses and pillows.

- If you ever need anything, just let me know. I'm going to bed, good night everyone! He said as he turned off the lights. 

After 15 minutes you had a crazy laugh with Tanjiro telling funny stories that happened before. Of course Urokodaki could not fall asleep with all this childish bazaar, but he offered to tell us a legend so that we fall asleep. 

After a while we fell asleep leaving everyone plunged in their dreams and memories.