Chapter 19 - Little Tae

"The curse it's in her"

The words resonated in your head for a painful long time until you drifted into a deep tiredness. Your eyes were closed but you still could hear your surroundings despite the howling sound in your ears. 

What? How did you know? Is she dangerous? Should we do something?

Mitsuri and Obanai launched tons of questions to the water pillar who neither didn't knew what truly was going on. 

Rui slowly approached you by little steps while the others were arguing. After hearing a whisper you opened your eyelids to reveal the pale kid looking at you with plotting orbs. 

"Psst- Are you still there" The little demon asked and you faintly nodded. 

Rui: They want... They want to send you back home. With your family. Only they can know what's going on with their daughter. 

You complained with a "please anything but that" but your voice was too weak and you got even more tired than before. 

Rui: Y/N? y/n... 

Nothing could be seen or heard. At this point you felt neutral and unbothered by any thought. 

- TIME SKIP 3RD POV - 

The sunlights beamed into the girl's face, waking her up from two weeks of intense resting. Everything about her health break was making her shiver without forgetting to mention the coldness of the room. She stared at her surroundings to analyse where possibly she could be, but something popped up in her mind. 

"They want to send you back home"

Rui's words, they finally made sense to you. 

You're back in that cage you thought you'd never see again.

- Back to your POV -

"MAMA! PAPA! BIG SISTA IS UP" a child's sweet voice resonated into the hallway echoing in every room to finally be followed by the sound of loud running footsteps. 

It was a girl, a small one and she looked like a five years old or more. She wore a beautiful blue pastel dress with an elegant white tie around her waist. 

She jumped on you and cupped your cheeks, you used that moment to glance at her hair bands. They were really cute and it even had miniature lanterns made in something that kept jingling every time she would turn her head. 

"BIG SISTER WE FINALLY MET! I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU, GOSH YOU ARE BEAUTIFULL!"

You chuckled at her compliment and thought. 

Okay maybe I was exaggerating about my home, it's actually pretty cozy despite the room temperature. 

You: Heyy sunshine, I'm sorry Onēsan got so sick she forgot about everything, but don't worry she would love to hear your name!  

The little girl put her hands to her mouth while letting out a cute gasp.

She pouted while squeezing your cheeks harder. 

Little sister: Awh c'mon, I'm your sister! 

Okay no offense, but you didn't remember having one. Of course you left your family for a long time, but she's like 5 years! No way you spent THAT MUCH time outside the house. You sighed and just enjoyed having someone that actually was nice to you. 

You: hMmmm... Let's seeee... Could you be... Juvi?!

Little sister: NooOoOo-

You: Mei suits you well!