Chapter 18 - Deadly flower

Now that Mitsuri and Obanai proposed their help to train you well, you accepted and took the chance. You were a girl who still had no clue about her true self nor the power you held until it happened... 

The deadly flower bloomed from the strong ambition you kept hidden inside. 

Your thirst for revenge and your will to protect your loved ones only made you rise. 

During practice you did get your butt kicked, but that's good because you were getting more agile and smooth in your moves after each time you fell. The bruises were worth it. 

The two pillars made you swim to practice your breathing; you had to keep your heartbeat on a stable rhythm. You proceeded as they told and stayed under water for a certain amount of time. In your first tries, you choked, let's say almost died and you even were in a condition near the passing out. 

Practice makes perfect as we say. 

You made it and in the unbelievable short lapse of time, you were ready to discover new breathing techniques. Your first goal was to kick Obanai with a strong and long bamboo stick. Your first impressions of the mission were that the "weapon" was kinda heavy and Obanai was way too good in dodging you. 

You: Can you make it a little easier, I'm having trouble... 

Obanai walked towards you with a raised eyebrow. 

Obanai: Y/N you are strong! I believe in you and so Mitsuri does, don't give up, you're almost there!

You: Haha nice try, I don't plan on giving up. Besides, where is Mitsuri? She just dissapeared- 

Obanai: That brings me to the next point. Kanroji is currently observing you, she is trying to find your weaknesses and fight you to prove how much you've improved. She is amazing just trust her. 

You: You really do like her? 

Obanai: I don't deserve such beautiful woman, she needs a better someone. 

You: Awh stoB IT oKaY! You are literally perfect for her. I ship you guys!

With the brightness of the moon you could see that Obanai's ears turned into a light pink shade of pink from your comment. After the small talk you both trained hard. 

"Gotcha" you said after finally defeating him. Now the time had come for you to use that secret technique you and Obanai practiced to defeat Mitsuri next. 

You stepped into the delimited sand circle with your bamboo stick and glanced at the girl. She had a determined look and her aura was even more stronger that that time you met her. 

Mitsuri: Alright cutie, bring it on! 

You smirked and dashed towards her while using your strong memories to form small sparkling flowers that floated like spirits in the air. The beautiful Tsubaki flowers flourished to let you step on them which helped you gain height in your combats. 

You were now able to move on the ground and bounce from flower to flower in the air.

Mitsuri: Pretty impressive, but I've seen that during your practices so try harder! Remember to stay in the circle even if you are in the air, otherwise it's called cheating! 

You: Roger that. 

The wind was howling in your ears as you tried to kick the pink haired girl with the bamboo stick. The speed must be good you thought, but Mitsuri is really good. 

You: Can I try something?

You looked at Obanai and he signaled you a thumb up meaning you could proceed as you wished. 

Within a second you concentrated on your feet movement. You didn't wear any shoes so you could feel the cold breezes as you were dancing three feet high in the air. The wind started running in circles around your ankles making you signal it was time to do the special attack. 

Your cheeks started glowing then your legs, soon your eyes were brighter than the shiniest star in the galaxy. You seemed to control the wind just like you did with memories and it was spectacular to watch. 

You grabbed the bamboo tightly sending many energy in it while making it move with your wind control. At some point Mitsuri got tired and looked at you floating like it was no big deal. 

Mitsuri: Alright Y/N that's enough for today, you're gonna- 

You felt something wrong in your chest, it was like a deep cut but emotionally. Unconscionably you protested to end your victory. 

You: Never. 

The sparking yellow energy soon turned blood-like red. 

You: I hate being rejected, I'm tired of being not good enough. Tell me I'm great, tell me I can protect anyone. I'm strong aren't I? 

Your eye color changed to a full black mixed with pure white. 

One was evil. 

The other was good. 

You were between yourself. 

Until then, no one saw that side of you. The needy side of you that had to be soothed by something or someone. 

A branch crack made you all three turn around. 

Rui: Y/N? 

The kid's eyes radiated terror and later what you wanted the least to happen just happened.

Y/N: Weak! Look at yourself! Remember how pathetic your place was in your fake family! 

Giyuu: Y/N THAT'S ENOUGH! 

You froze realizing the words you thought you'd never say. 

You didn't mean them at all. 

Your ankles got grabbed by Giyuu as he pulled you down while pinning you on the ground. 

Giyuu: What's up with your eyes? Are you infected? 

Infected? What?

The words destroyed you as you let silverish tears from your white colored eye only. 

You: I'm sorry, I don't understand.

He pulled you into a tight protective hug. It soothed you, it was enough for you to close your eyes and lean into his shoulder. You got unexpectedly weak in his arms, but you could still remember his words before drifting into sleep. 

It was kind of blurry and muffled, but still... 

You understood.

"The curse, it's in her..." 

--- 

Author's note: 

9K reads, heck yeah!!! You guys are the best, thank you for all the votes and comments it's a huge way to show support :) 

What do you think about the curse, what could it be? Backstory maybe? Something with Y/N's mother relationship with you? Remember when she connected herself in your mind to transmit you a message about your possible death? 

It's all going to be revealed in the next chapter, stay tuned! 

I made this very late so if you see grammar mistakes please tell me, i'll correct them thank u :)