Chapter 9 - The big creepy house

You finished the test by staying alive, then you found yourself with very few other future demon slayers. Kagaya Ubuyashiki came to talk to us and then we had to choose the special ore that would become our sword. Everyone's face showed no single clue on how to proceed. A angry looking guy attacked one of the guides, but luckily ... Wait what? You could finally see your old friend Tanjiro again, except that he too was now drawn into the fight. 

To resume, the guy wanted his sword faster than the others, but we were only at the assignment of our messenger crows. I through it was hilarious because there was this guy with a cute little sparrow instead of a crow, the best part of it is that he looked very scared by his messenger. Basically, the angry looking guy said all of this "ceremony" was too stupid for him. Ugh why people have to be so mean sometimes, just wait... 

- Y/N... A hand rested on your shoulder, then your heart stopped for a moment. Your beautiful orbs turned around in the direction to meet the dark red eyes of someone you really missed. He had completely changed, this time he gave off a lot of self-confidence. You, who had stood there looking at him with your mouth slightly open, your hair seemed to sail in the invisible waves of the wind. 

For no particular reason, droplets of tears formed near your remarkable lashes. You still couldn't believe it, even with the touch of his warm hand. And then, he smiled at you in the same way as when you looked at the stars together during a night. 

- T-tanjiro, your voice was shaky and obviously was looking for comfort. 

It was nice to feel his card earrings gently caress your thin delicate skin, it even made you blush in some kind. Still cuddling, you let your tears fall out of his field of vision, because you hated showing your signs of weakness. 

- You are probably the best birthday present I could ask for, you whispered in his shoulder, letting out little laughs. 

- What ? Why didn't you tell me sooner ? I could of had plenty of time to think ! Alright, it's planned as soon as we leave this place, I'm going to buy you a gift ! WE NEeD tO LeAvE !!! Tanjiro said making you laugh.  

- Hey, I'll be right back I just need to go ask something really quick, you said as he nodded to show he understood.  

Once in front of the guides, you politely asked them if they had seen a boar headed boy. They replied that there was only 6 people who have successfully passed the selection. You turned around to count the survivors. There was : 

- Tanjiro 

- A calm looking girl with her crow 

-A panicking boy with yellow hair 

-An angry looking guy 

and you... 

" Excuse me, I counted 5 including me. Doesn't this means someone is missing ?" you asked and they said :" This candidate was very impatient, I believe he left after having passed ". You bowed and thanked them as returning to Tanjiro.

You did not suspect or question the information that these girls had given you since you knew very well that this is exactly what Inosuke would do. 

- Are you okay ? C'mon we need to go near the table, Tanjiro said and you followed him with a smile like nothing was bothering you. You felt that someone took your hand, then you looked down : it was Makomo and she seemed very happy to be able to help you, as well as to discover new places. 

- Miss y/n don't look down in my direction, remember others cannot see me... You watched her hurt herself with her own words, then her smile faded like a delicate rose petal.