Chapter 12- Without a word

You were dying slowly, it was your hands and your feet, they became more and more transparent after each tic your life clock made. This problem lengthened your breathing, if no one intervened you might run out of oxygen and blood. The loud beating of your heart announced to Inosuke that something was wrong.

INOSUKE'S POV

Her face was pale, she was barely breathing and her lips were a bluish color. The tips of her hair were like stars glowing like the sun before disappearing forever. I tried to shake her up and even call her by name, but nothing makes her even flinch.

My heart missed a beat when I noticed her hands, they were like a soulless ghost, all cold. She warned me, but I was too afraid to believe it. I feel heavy, guilty and I tremble with my whole body, a few tears formed near my eyes and then let them fall on the soft cheeks of Y/N. Tanjiro heard my distress and came running, I couldn't see anything anymore because of my panic, but I was no longer alone now. I had friends to bring Y/N back. 

Tanjiro: She's not going well at all, HER HANDS! Inosuke, did she told you something before this misfortune happened ?! 

I explained to him that her mother had come to tell her that she will disappear after her birthday. It was a dream, but it has now become a reality. 

Tanjiro: Inosuke, you know her the best. Carry her to Giyuu, Makomo told me if something bad happened she will experience the same fate as her master. That's way you need to hurry and take her there! 

Inosuke: Who's Makomo?! 

Tanjiro: She died a long time ago, but with Y/N she's alive as a guide spirit! We tried to hide her from you guys because it's supposed to stay as a secret. I still don't really understand why I can see her too, but that's not important! 

He searched the bow of Y/N, then untied a talisman that she must have received as a gift... 

Tanjiro: Makomo! Please help your master and shine as bright as you can to save a live! Show us the way to Giyuu Tomioka! 

Immediately a young girl appeared before my eyes, as bright as a candle, she opened her ocean blue eyes and then stared at me with a look filled with warmth. 

Makomo: I guess, I'm not a secret anymore for you, please follow me Inosuke. 

I took the cold Y/N in my arms, but it was still warm at the area of her heart, Y/N's heart beats were like at war, they were fighting with all strength shouting their last cries of war. Makomo brushed y/n's cheek with the tips of his fingers. 45 hours she whispered. I did not need an explanation to what she meant, then Tanjiro told us that he was going to wake up the others and then join us as soon as possible.  

The rain was pouring outside, it was dark and I could barely see anything. At least Makomo was there to shine and guide me. 

This is how we each separated our own way, I followed Makomo hoping to see our trainer again. During the road, Y/N's body became so light that for a moment I thought she was no longer in my arms. She became so pale just the thought that she would disappear made my legs weak, but something deep inside made me keep moving despite the horrible pain. 

Love 

Dammit, why you?! I always tried to hide it, but now... Look at you! All pale walking on the tightrope of life and death. I don't want you to go, I always wanted to be your friend, but now I understand. I love you Y/N. I love you so please don't go! My heart can't take it, seing you all broken made me realize how secretly fragile you are. You really are a treasure I want to protect forever.