ocean eyes

A/N Hi again! I couldn't help myself from uploading the first chap so here y'all go! Also baby snapped on her variety shoot, like holy shit she's glowing.

"Hi welcome to Bath and Body works, are you looking for anything in particular?" I asked a girl who was dressed in extremely baggy clothing despite her short height and petite figure I make out from underneath.

Turning around she gave me a dimpled smile "yes actually, you guys have changed the shop since the last time I could come in here. So where are the body washes, lotions and candles please?"

Showing her where each of her desired sections were, I thought back to the last time the shop was reorganised and couldn't remember. However, I've only worked here for a few months since I moved to LA for college.

"Hey Sam?" I asked my manager who was behind the register as I joined him.

"Yeah Lex?"

"When was the last time the shop was re-organised?"

"Oh damn, not for a long time" he paused "not since like a year and a half ago? I think"

"Wow that is a long time ago" I mumbled and looked at the girl I just helped. She hasn't been in the shop for over a year and a half but she's walking around like it's her second home.

"Why's that Lex?" he asked and passed me the box of candles I needed to unpack.

Taking them from him I flickered my eyes back over to the girl again, intrigued by her already "that girl over there" I motioned towards her "just made a comment about not knowing where everything was because she hasn't been here since the re-organisation, just found it odd because she acts as though it's her second home"

"Might have just been too busy then" he laughed to himself "go stack the candles and you can leave early. We aren't too busy today seeming as though she's been our only customer this past hour"

"Thanks Sam" I smiled and carried the box over to the candle section where the girl still was.

"Looking for anything in particular?" I asked the girl as I placed the box on the table.

"Yeah, I can't seem to find it though" she scanned the table and shelves in front of her "just a vanilla one, but three wicks not one. I want this shit to last me until I come back" she must really be a busy girl if she needs the three wick to her last her, or she just lights it a lot.

"Oh here" I opened the box and pulled one out for her "we ran out earlier this week and the next batch came. So you're in luck" I told her and handed her the candle she was looking for.

"Lucky me" she took the candle from me "thank you so much, see you around" she winked and walked to the counter with her things.

Damn, she's got some ocean eyes.

Finishing up with work I said my goodbyes to Sam and left the store, hurrying to my car so I could get back to my dorm and finish the paper we were assigned. Not even a moth into classes and I'm expected to write a paper on the Constitutional rights of Americans and why they uphold the rule of law. But it's what I expected when I enrolled for law, and as much as it is challenging it's also really interesting.

Getting into law school was a struggle in itself. Coming from a home where it was just me, my dad and little brother and sister made things tough. Money was always tight after my mom passed and obviously with one person's income supporting three kids and themselves was not enough.