003.

Evelyn twiddles with her fingers as she tunes out Briana's ongoing speech. "Girl aren't you glad we finally get to wear civilian clothes today ?" Briana asks before realizing her low spirits. 

Briana knows where her head was. Due to her already knowing Evelyn's situation with her family. This very day was Thanksgiving and since Evelyn was doing so far so good with no longer being around them, Briana believed she was okay. But it was obvious the prolonging distance eats at her. "I really think you should've dropped by. You obviously miss them.-" Briana admits.

"No thanks .. I'm okay. Now what were you talking about earlier?" She dismisses.

Although the two day leave would've been paid for and she would've been able to spend more time with her family, she still didn't want to go because of how they behaved. Evelyn's family were very opinionated and loved to have mastery over her. So she simply refused to be in their presence this time around.

Sure she misses them, but it doesn't necessarily mean she wants to be around them. Besides, the people she did want to see were only a few of her cousins, her (Grandma Noonie) on her mother's side of the family, and her older sister (Marlena). All of them were busy with their own lives of course, as she was too so she was fine without seeing them for a while. Especially since they send letters every so often.

"Well okay. Excuse me. You've just been sitting here looking like a lost puppy since I've been talking. What else do you expect me to say?" Briana questions.

"I'm sorry. I mean, it isn't like they're holding their breaths to see me anyway. They all can wait until Christmas. It really isn't a big deal, when you really think about it..." Evelyn says, awkwardly tapping her nails on the wooden table.

Briana nods prior to giving her a skeptical glance. Now since she was really thinking about it, nothing Evelyn mentioned was making sense. Of course she comprehended her reasoning, but waiting until Christmas seemed peculiar.

If she didn't want to visit her parents so bad, why just not visit them at all? She was giving off the energy as if she was scared, or as if she was trying to give herself enough time to prepare for a shift in her life.

"Your reasoning makes sense, though then again it doesn't. What's really going on with you?" Briana asks, causing Evelyn to furrow her eyebrows.

Evelyn was shocked on how easily she read her like a book but there was no denying it. She was factual. "Well ... I've been feeling as if I don't belong for some time now. I just feel like I should... leave. I'm not happy anymore and if I decide to leave, I at least wanted some time to prepare on how I was going to tell my parents." She confesses, shrugging her shoulders.

"Hm. This isn't because of Nina and the other girls is it? If so... I think you need to quit being an optimist and come to a realization that these girls are only jealous of you.-"

"If I wanted my mother I think I would've saw her, Briana. An optimist? What are you even really saying?"

"You are always trying to see the good in everyone and the greener side of things. It's nothing wrong with this. But sometimes you have to face reality and understand that everybody isn't good and not everyone is going to like you. Now I 'am not trying to bug on Nina because she's my friend, but that doesn't mean I'm going to condone her behavior. This goes for the other girls too. They're all just jealous of you, and if you continue to sweep that and their attitudes under the rug as if it's nothing, you're going to continue feeling out of place and having your feelings hurt." She reasons.

"I guess you're right. That is something I need to work on, but that still doesn't change how I feel. They may be a part of the reason, but I have other reasons on my mind besides some jealous women. It's deeper than that. Thank you, though. I appreciate you... really do." Evelyn says, forcing a small smile.