Chapter 1 - New Home

Four months later

            “Lissy! I miss you like crazy! Come back,” He pleaded over the phone and I simply laughed.

            “Sorry, but you choose to stay back. Besides I love it here,” I sighed contently and looked around my dorm room. It was small and the walls were painted and ugly manila color. Maggie and I were sharing even though she wasn’t here half the time. Well sleeping here that was.

            “You do realize you’ve been there about two weeks,” he pointed out.

            “Why do you always have to rain on my parade,” I frowned.

            “Aww not the sad face, I'm visiting over Christmas break.” He knew me so well it was funny sometimes.

            “I miss you too,” I whispered and held the phone closer to my face. “It’s not the same here without you.”

            “Well that’s what you get for leaving NYU and going to Kingston University!” Brendon practically wailed into my ear. I laughed. When Maggie and I had first told Brendon that we were transferring to the UK he put the back of his hand up to our foreheads and asked if we were sick. All and all it was a very tearful goodbye.

            “Hey, we told you that you could come with us,” I said and paused for a little bit realizing what I had just said. “To London, I mean.” The campus was great, it was thirty minutes outside of London depending on the traffic but was a small close-knit community.

            “Whatever, tells Maggs I miss her. Love you both but I'm gunna be late for class.” He said and I sighed.

            “It’s ok, we love you to and I’ll tell her whenever she resurfaces from Lou’s bedroom.” I gave a small laugh. I hung up and walked to my window. So say that my view was breathtaking would be an understatement, but something seemed to be missing. Someone rapped on my door three times and I sighed as I went to answer it.

            “Hey babe,” Liam said as I opened the door.

            “Liam!” I shouted and jumped into his outstretched arms. They guys had all gone home for the week and Maggie went with Louis so I was all alone.

            “Hey love, I missed you so much,” he whispered into my hair as we hugged. I leaned back and kissed him lightly on the lips.

            “So, how was Wolverhampton?” I asked putting a strange vampire accent on his hometown.

            “Alright,” he shrugged. “Did you miss me?” he asked in a cocky voice.

            “Hum,” I said tapping my chin lightly. “I might have to think about that,” he pulled me closer and kissed me breathless. ‘Ok maybe I missed you a little bit,” I admitted as I tried to catch my breath. He raised an eyebrow at me and I pulled his head down to mine and kissed him again.

            “I think you missed me,” he said almost stunned when we broke apart.

            “So much,” I admitted chewing on my bottom lip.

            “I wanna take you out tonight,” Liam said suddenly.

            “Why Liam Payne, are you being impulsive?” I teased. It wasn’t like him to be so spontaneous.

            “Is it a crime for me to care about you? Besides I was away for a week, I need some Lissy time.” he sounded more reasonable now but I still saw that spark of passion deep in his brown eyes.