Chapter 5 - Muffins

“How the hell did they do that?” Maggie asked me the next morning about how Harry had managed to get all our bras undone. We were back at our dorm room getting dressed for the day.

            “I have absolutely no idea.” I laughed and put on a fresh shirt. We had all hung out at Harry and Louis’s until midnight when Penelope fell asleep. I remembered Zayn leaving to take Faith home then I drifted off. I woke up again in Liam’s arms on his bed. I kissed his nose to tell him that I was awake. I was glad I got that amount of sleep because for the rest of the night, neither of us got any. Well, sleep that is.

            “Lissy!” Maggie snapped her fingers in front of my face and I shook my head out of the mental cloud.

            “Sorry, so do you know where we’re going for breakfast?” I asked and she shook her head.

            “Some place Zayn knows I think.” She wiggled into her dress and started working on her boots.

            “Oh great, is Faith coming?” I bit out immediately regretting it.

            “I don’t think so,” she said not looking up from her shoes so I snuck a smile. “I saw that.” She said finally looking up.

            “Saw what?” I faked innocence but her smirk told me she wasn’t buying it.

            “What’s up with you two anyways?” she was talking about me and Zayn. Great, one of my least favorite topics. I remembered the day we kissed in the mall, I still couldn’t get the image of his face out of my mind, and I felt really guilty about that. I had told him it was a momentary lapse in judgment and we had agreed never to speak of it again. But we did. Not out loud, of course, but in every secret smile, every connection of our eyes reminded me of that kiss. It had been close to perfection. Oh great, I was going all sappy romantic again.

            “I dunno,” I shrugged it off and continued getting dressed. I held in another smile as I put on the necklace Zayn had gotten me before they left a few months ago.

            “You ready?” she asked and I nodded confidently. We walked out to the awaiting car and hopped in.

            “Hey girls,” Niall greeted us and I gave him a side-hug.

            “Hi Nialler,” I smiled warmly. He started patting around on my back and I pulled away slightly, giving him a look.

            “Oh sorry, just checking. Harry bet me you two weren’t going to be wearing bras. I win.” He smiled triumphantly and I slapped his arm.

            “Harry!” Maggie laughed as the curly-haired boy just shook his head. I laughed remembering that Maggie and Harry actually used to go out. I never figured out how far they got but I knew she had spent more time in his bed then out of it. Looking at the two of them now I couldn’t even picture it.

            “Hey, if anyone gets to hit him it’s me,” Penelope said sitting next to Harry. I smiled as she wrapped her hand in his.

            “Then who do I get to hit?” I complained.

            “You already hit me!” Niall wailed making all of us laugh.

            “Aww,” I kissed his cheek and he blushed.

            “Do I get any of that?” Liam wiggled his eyebrows and I turned to see him sliding from the back row of seats to next to me. The car was already moving and he almost fell down. I kissed his lips passionately for a quick second. He smiled and pecked my cheek.