Chapter 3 - Hold it Against Me

I awoke to my phone ringing. I tossed around lazily until I hit something hard beside me. I opened my eyes to the morning sun and looked around. I was in Liam’s room, well more precisely in his bed. I looked over to where he was sleeping soundly beside me. I was wearing one of his shirts but other than that nothing was different. I found my phone on top of my folded clothes on the nightstand.

            “Hello?” I croaked into the phone.

            “Hey Lis, where are you?” Maggie asked. She didn’t sound worried just curious.

            “Liam’s,” I replied sleepily as I heard her giggle.

            “Ohh fun night, eh?” she asked and I laughed.

            “Not as fun as yours I assume.” I stated bluntly and heard her stop laughing.

            “Hey love, where’s my sock?’ I heard Louis ask in the background and I burst out in hysterics.

            “You mean the grey one with blue lining and the word ‘Tuesday’ written on the bottom?” I asked casually.

            “Yeah, have you seen it?” Louis asked much closer to the phone speaker now.

            “No, I was just wondering,” I felt Liam role over beside me and look up at me smiling.

            “Now that’s an image I could get used to waking up to.” He put his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek softly.

            “Eww Lis is he sucking you brains out?” Louis laughed and I stuck my tongue out.

            “Hey Lou, are you looking for your Tuesday socks?” Liam asked just as casually as I had.

            “Yeah where are they?” Lou asked intently.

            “No clue, I was just wondering. So are you and the lads coming over for breakfast?” I got up from the bed and left him with my phone. I made my way to the bathroom to take a shower. I got in quickly as the hot water pulsed down my back. I tilted my head back and relaxed as the water undid all of my stress. I used Liam’s blueberry shampoo partly because it smelled like him and partly because I really loved blueberries. I was wondering if that was why he got that brand. I began singing like I normally did in the shower into a comb but I suddenly couldn’t think of a song. I looked down my body at the thousands of tiny scars and how my past boyfriends would hold that against me. Suddenly I began singing my heart out at the top of my lungs.

Hey over there

Please forgive me

If I'm coming on too strong

Hate to stare

But you're winning

And they're playing my favorite song

            I heard someone come into the bedroom but I figured it was Liam just getting dressed.

If I said my heart was beating loud

If we could escape the crowd somehow

If I said I want your body now

Would you hold it against me

Cause you feel like paradise

And I need a vacation tonight

So if I said I want your body now