Chapter 31: Back To Normal Life

(Dean's POV)
I woke up the next morning to see Violet still sleeping. She was clearly exhausted last night since she fell asleep in the clothes she had been wearing all day.

I went over from my side of the bed, and place a kiss on the top of her head softly before getting up. I went and did my daily routine before stepping back into check on Violet, who was still sleeping.

I shook my head gently, and walked into the kitchen to get something to eat. I made myself a bowl of cereal, and a cup of coffee before sitting down at the table.

I was eating my cereal when Sam walked in. "Where is Violet?" Sam asked, sitting across from me with his own bowl of cereal.

"She's still sleeping. she was exhausted last night." I told him, eating some more cereal.

"Did she have any nightmares?" Sam asked, a bit concerned.

"Not that I know of, after what she went through with them I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't have nightmares every night. She probably knows how to deal with it's on her own or something." I said, finishing my bowl of cereal and putting it in the sink.

"Well I was searching the internet, and I found a case for us to work." Sam said, eating some of his cereal.

"With Violet back we probably shouldn't go on a case for a while, or at least not both of us the same time. At least one of us needs to stay with her at all times." I told Sam, leading against the counter with my cup of coffee.

"So what do you want to do?" Sam asked me, curious.

"Where's the case?" I asked him, just as curious.

"Washington State. If you want you can skip out on this one and I can take care of it. You need to stay here with her, you're the closest to her." Sam said, eating more of his cereal.

I was about to reply when a voice beat me to it. "No one needs to stay with me, I know how to take care of myself. It's more like he wants to stay to make sure I'm okay." Violet said, leaning against the wall by the door.

"Because you're not okay. You're still healing from what those assholes did to you. Someone needs to stay with you." I said, in an angry tone.

"I'm not arguing with you Dean. I'm just saying it's more of a want than a need." Violet said, sitting down on the floor.

I rushed over to make sure she was okay, and she just kept her eyes on me. "Are you okay?" I asked her, looking her over. her eyes look like she was about to fall back to sleep.

"I'm just really tired." She said, in a small tone.

"Why don't you go back to bed then? Get more sleep." I suggested to her.

"I can only sleep for so long before... I start having even worse nightmares then I've already been having." She said, shaking her head a bit.

"Alright then let's get you something to eat so you have some energy." I said, putting my arm around her and helping her up.

I helped her over to a chair and watched as she sat down in it.

"Violet you seem to be weaker than you were yesterday." Sam said, well I started to put together a bowl of cereal for violet.

"It's part of the healing process, plus I'm severely sore which doesn't help at all." Violet said, propping her head up with her hand.

I placed the bowl of cereal down in front of her, before turning to Sam. "Why don't you call up Bobby or Jody to go on the hunt with you?" I suggested to him.

"Or you could just go with your brother on this hunt." Violet suggested, before starting to eat her cereal.

"Violet you aren't staying here alone, not until you are fully healed at least." I said, in a strict tone. I wasn't going to allow her to stay here by herself.