T W E N T Y : K A T A R I N A

'' You shall feel better in a couple of days. '' I comfort Garen as I put the bandage around his shoulder. He looks at me with eyes open so wide. I don't want to stare at them for too long. The sun hits Garen's face & his brown eyes makes me feel something which I don't understand. I try to move my eyes away from his but I fail, until he does.

'' Thanks for your help. '' Garen stands & starts walking towards my room's door.

'' Well, I didn't do anything. '' I try to hide my blush. '' If this was my tribe the healers would've done it more perfectly. '' I joke.

'' The healers? '' Garen smiles. The man who was walking out of the room steps back towards me. And that gesture makes me realize I have said something wrong. '' I thought you are Ionian. ''

'' I am. '' I hope that looking confident will cover up for the mistake I've just made. '' I am from Ionia. ''

'' The healers are members which belong to Noxus only Katja. '' His smile gets wider.

'' They do? '' I ask. And I realize I shouldn't have pretended to be from a tribe which I don't know anything about, but it seems I didn't know enough about my own as well.

Garen doesn't answer me. He walks towards my bed; I watch him carefully with my full defences up. He takes his armor dress which he left there & he leaves my room. You shouldn't talk too much Kat. The more you talk the faster he'll find out about your identity.

As it is still too early in the morning, I seize the moment and rush towards the training room. I wear my training costume, hanging the daggers on my thighs & holding my swords. I feel more likely as myself when I start walking in the corridors of the Demacian castle. I reach the training room & nobody is there. It's too early for champions to come along.

The Demacian training room is completely different from my tribe's. It's so vast, so big. Enough for hundreds of individuals to spectate the training battles. I stand in the middle of the field & I try to start my training.

I close my eyes, and the first thing I see is Garen. How he trained, how he moved, and how he closed his eyes when I tried to heal his injury. The wind is blowing hardly, but it doesn't stop me from feeling the warmth I felt when he was near me. I immediately open my eyes refusing to let myself give in for the feelings rushing inside of me.

I do not have any explanation for those feelings, and I don't have any for what I see in front of me as well. Talon is here. I don't control myself and I run towards my brother.

'' Talon! '' I hug him so hard. I miss him, I miss mother, and who they used to be. I just miss home so much.

Only moments after I jump hugging Talon that I realize he didn't hug me back. His hands aren't coming up to caress my hair. I look up towards Talon to see his angry eyes.

'' I thought... '' Before I finish any of my words, he pushes me towards him and lifts me off the floor to reach his height. Talon hugs me so tight.

'' I am so sorry Kat. '' He keeps repeating as he holds me towards him. '' Please forgive me & mother for not being by your side. ''

'' It's fine. As long as you are here everything will be fine. '' I whisper.

'' Look at me, '' He puts my face between his big hands. '' You didn't change at all. '' he examines my face between his hands. '' Except for that scar, nothing in you changed. '' 

'' Of course, I won't change Talon. Why would I? '' I laugh.

'' Father said you joined the enemies now. '' Talon strikes me with his words.

'' Never. '' I push him away. '' Is this the reason you are here? You think I am a traitor?! '' I try to keep my voice tone low but I fail.

'' This isn't what I meant Kat. And that's why I am here, to ask you and not listen to anyone else except you. '' He takes my hands between his. My brother is here to listen & understand. I think of pulling my hands out of his but I remember Cassiopeia. How she tried to help me get his forgiveness. He deserves yours now Kat. Just like he forgave you when you made him lose the battle against David.

'' What reason brought you here? Why are you within the enemies? '' He asks and I hesitate to tell him the truth. Don't trust anyone Kat. Only we should know. Cassiopeia also warned me about telling anyone about the reason I am here. And I am sure she included my family.

'' I want to win the championship of league tournament. '' I lie, hoping Talon doesn't find out.

'' But why here? Why from Demacia? '' Talon insists. I can see his worry. He doesn't trust these people; he doesn't hate them as much as father does but he prefers I stay away from them.

'' I wanted to train in this land because the Demacians are the reason my father made it forbidden for me to join the league tournament. '' I keep lying to Talon who doesn't feel how I am hardly swallowing the truth.

My brother always gave me the best advice. Cassiopeia is good at that as well. I know I will reach my aim as she is by my side. But Talon is too similar to me. He sees & understands me.

'' Okay I'll help you. '' Talon smiles and his beautiful dimples show. '' I am here for you. '' He holds me closer again & I listen to his heartbeats missing how it felt to be protected by the lethal assassin of Du Couteaux.

'' Katja! '' A soft voice cuts in. I turn around to find Akali in the training room. I step away from Talon & she keeps walking towards us. '' Who's our friend? '' She asks.

'' Katja? '' Talon looks at me with complete astonishment, wondering if he has missed something. Please join me in this lie Talon. Please. I think to myself hoping that moment he can read my mind.