T W E N T Y T H R E E : G A R E N

'' How did this happen? '' As soon as Akali leaves us alone Talon starts wondering about his sister. How did she get to Demacia? Where did she get the courage from to jump into the enemy's playground? Talon starts questioning me. Not like I wasn't expecting his questions.

'' I don't know. '' I say the truth.

'' How come you don't know Garen? '' He doesn't believe me. '' You have been tracking whoever murdered your father from the very beginning. And if I know you enough, I know that you're the best tracker. ''

I cannot deny any of his words; every legendary champion is aware of my tracking skills & the availability of every mage for me. But Katarina seems to be very difficult to understand. She's very hard to predict too.

'' Oh, believe me I am nothing compared to her wolf friend. '' I want to tell Talon about her new friends who he should be worried about. The girl is getting information & directions from a snake & a wolf; the two most non-trusted animals in the jungle of the Leary.

'' Wolf friend? '' Talon doesn't know about this. Since my father's murder we haven't been meeting much because of people's words. And that's the reason why I haven't told him about this part of Katarina's story yet, especially her regular visit to the heart of the Leary.

'' Yeah. She has been hanging out with a snake and a wolf. And that's how she got here Talon. I didn't set any trap for her if that's what you think. '' I clear up for him just in case if he is thinking of any of these propositions.

'' Did you know who she was from the beginning? '' Talon's concerns about his sister are clear. He doesn't want her to be in the enemy's hands.

'' Yes, I did. '' I want to tell him how I remembered every word he said the first time I saw her. Long red hair. Green wide emerald eyes. A brave woman who doesn't hesitate to strike an action when in need. '' I told you, you described her too well. ''

'' Did you tell anyone? ''

'' Never. '' I comfort him. '' I know you might think what happened to my father will get between us, but believe me it won't. ''

It's true the commandant Hammunculus was my father, but I didn't agree with him on most of his decisions nor his actions. He wanted to take all what he can from people without giving out anything for them. Not even a hope for a better life.

'' Akali knows who she is Talon. '' I share with him my real concern. '' And Kat doesn't know that any one of us knows. ''

'' Akali cannot hurt her don't worry. '' Talon thinks out loud. '' No one will believe an Ionian rising champion. '' He laughs.

'' What are you going to do Talon? ''

'' The best I can do is try to make her speak up so I can help her out. '' For the first time I see the best assassin of Noxus clueless in front of me.

'' Why don't you just speak to her about it? '' I suggest.

'' She won't ask help from the same person twice. '' His reply doesn't surprise me. I still wish I could ask him about the first time she asked for his help. When he didn't stand out there for her?

'' You know the main issue within the Du Couteaux is they keep assuming instead of communicating with each other. '' I try to encourage him to have a chat with Katarina.

'' Do it for me. '' He requests. '' Talk to her. Make her ask for your help. And only then we can both help her out. ''

'' But, '' I do not want to be Katarina's hero while Talon is the main guy who wants to help.