Chapter-6

"Mom, you can probably let go of her now."

She had launched of the couch, and onto me as I finished up my sad life story.

   "My poor baby!" She wailed.

"I'm ok, really." I reassured.

   I'm really not, like at all. But, things tend to take time.

    "Penelope, let go of the poor girl." Gio told her.

  She gave him a look that said, "You'll be sleeping on the couch tonight."

      Jeez. That's some power right there.

"Oh fine." She surrendered.

    "But, it's settled. We will be back at around five tomorrow to make sure everyone is ready for the gala."

   Gala?

"No one settled that mom."

   "I'm the wife, mom, and grandma here. It only has to be settled with me."

   "What gala?" I asked.

"We have to attend a business gala every year. And the three of you," she pointed to all of us, "are attending this year."

   "Woah. Woah." Angelo said as he walked into the kitchen, just as his mother was walking out.

  "What?"

"Are you sure we have to go?" Gino said, walking into the spacious kitchen too.

I took this time to much on my raspberries, and hopped up on the counter.

This is getting good.

"Yes you have to go."

"Uh, what about poor, sweet innocent Mercury? Surely you wouldn't want to subject your only grandchild to the animosity of that gala?" Angelo tried while he slung his arm over my shoulder, clearly trying to be innocent.

"She's coming too idiota. She will have to be shown to our... associates sooner or later."

Damn it, that means I'll have to wear a dress.

I hate dresses.

ANGELOS POV.

Holy shit.

My dear parents had just walked out the door, of course only after establishing that my mom will be here tomorrow to give us our suits, and Mercury her dress.

Why is Gino here anyways?

"Thank god that's over with." He said as he flopped on the couch.

"Do you guys want any of this? Because I could easily crush it all."

I turned to see her eating some fruit from the charcuterie board she made.

"Oh! Oh! I do!" Gino said like a grade schooler as he jumped up from the couch.

God save me.

******************************

"See you tomorrow, my most favorite niece!"

"See ya!"

"Brother, I hope you have nightmares."

I didn't look up from my papers as I flipped him off.

I heard the door shut, and light footsteps going around the apartment.

"Yo, I'm turning in." She said to me, closely followed by a small yawn.