Same Band...New School...New Species?! - 11

"That group jumped me as soon as I'd finished vacuuming," Nix said. "I didn't have a chance."

He was lying on the couch, an ice pack on his jaw, telling us what happened. There was a furious hate burning through me. How dare those high-born scum attack Nix?! Five on one was hardly honorable and that Nix was that one made me murderous. I knew that everyone felt the same. We'd been together forever, we'd protected each other forever. No one got away with hurting one of us.

"It all happened so fast," he continued after a moment to readjust the ice pack. "I managed to get two of them down, but there were eight of them."

Eight on one?! I felt sick with furry.

"Ink wait," Frost had grabbed Ink's arm as he tried to leave the room.

"Why?!" Ink demanded. "Eight on one Frost. How the hell can you just stand there?!"

"Listen to the rest of it," Nix said calmly. "Then we can talk about revenge."

After a long moment, Ink nodded and turned back to listen.

"Well as soon as I'd taken two of theirs down, they went mental. Their eyes turned black. At first I thought I was seeing things, but I wasn't that lucky. I think they might have killed me, they were that far gone."

I clenched my jaw to keep from going to beat up those guys myself.

"Then Patch, that  guy from our first day came round the corner," Nix smiled wryly. "I think he said 'hey I know you' or something like that. Next thing I know he calls guys 'hell rot' and beats the living daylights out of them. He was walking up to me when I passed out."

"How did you get into the hallway?" Lyle asked. "You were right by the stairs."

"I woke up for a second," Nix said. "Some big guy had me over his shoulder. He had-" He took a deep breath, clearly calming himself down. "He had wings. Massive leathery bat wings.  He dumped me by the stairs then let those wings out. He looked down at me with black eyes and those frickin wings and said 'don't come around here again, Patch might not be there to save you next time' then I passed out again. I imagine he was trying to scare me and it bloody worked. I only woke up again when Lyle was shaking me. That hurt by the way," he shot a look at Lyle.

"Sorry mate," Lyle murmured. "I was scared out of my mind, you looked dead."

"Yeah," Nix laughed wryly. "I feel dead."

"Demons?" Sparrow just stared at Nix. "Uh- Nix I think you may have got hit in the head a little harder than you thought."

"No," I surprised even myself by saying it. "I believe him."

"And why's that?" Ink looked at me. "Crys care to explain why the back of your shirt is still wet with blood?"

I blinked. I hadn't even realized... that was what the red stuff on Sparrow's hand was earlier. The blood from hitting my head and covered the back of my shirt and hair.

"You're bleeding?!" Nix demanded. "Crystal what happened?"

"Don't be worried about me," I smiled wryly. "Don healed me."

"Healed-" Lyle blinked, trying to understand what I was saying. "What are you talking about?"

"Vampire blood seems to work wonders," I shrugged.

"Vampire." Frost's jaw dropped.

"Yup."

"You're crazy," he shook his head.

"As crazy as demons in the black dorm," Nix said.

"Well that does explain why that guy growled at me when I was flirting with that girl," Lyle murmured.

"Werewolf?" Sparrow asked.

"Sure," I shrugged again. "Why not?"

"Okay," Nix sighed, then winced. "We're in a school full of mystical creatures."

"So it would appear," Lyle nodded.

"You've all gone nuts," Ink stated.

"Thank you," I said dryly.

"None of you are crazy," Saraphine came quite literally out of nowhere.

"Jesus!" Lyle jumped. She was right beside him. "How the bloody hell did you do that?!"

"I'm quiet," she shrugged. "Now that you've figured out what our school really is, what are you going to do?"

"Get the hell out of here," Sparrow said.

"I'm with you," Nix agreed with him.

Lyle and I shared at look.

"Lyle? Crys?" Frost caught the look. "What're you thinking."

"That finding out who my parents are aren't worth this," Lyle said, looking down at Nix. "I can't tell you guys how sure I was that Nix was dead. I can't see that again, not to anyone."

"I'm with him," Sparrow said, looking at me. "Crys when I saw that blood on you I nearly lost it."

"I did lose it," Ink laughed, but it was not a happy sound. "If Nix and Lyle hadn't come in I'd be at the Crimson dorm right now."

"Then it isn't worth it," I said. "I don't care who my parents are if I have to see anyone else hurt to find out."

"Good," Nix said. "Sorry Crys, Lyle, but I wouldn't have let anyone else go into the Black dorm."

"Like you're in much of a state to stop us," Sparrow smiled wryly.

"Shut it," Nix's mouth twitched at a smile. "No harassing the injured guy."

"Aw it's not so bad," Sparrow grinned. "Just degrading really. You'll be so black and blue we'll have to photo-shop you into posters for months."

"Now you're pushing it mate," Nix peered up at him. "There will be no insulting the face."

"Sorry," Sparrow full out laughed. "I'd forgot how sensitive you are about the face."

"That's very womanly of you Nix," Frost tried not to laugh. "Caring so much about you're looks."

"And what's the issue with being womanly?" I asked.

"Well when it's Nix it's just sad," Sparrow laughed.

"You got me there," I grinned.

"You are all taking this a lot better than I did," Saraphine said in wonder.

We all turned to her, I for one had forgotten she was there. Her eyes were wide in surprise and wonder. I guess we were taking the Supernatural's exist idea pretty well... but that's just the way we were.

"We're quick adaptors," Lyle told her. That we were, especially the way we grew up. "And just out of interest, can you tell us exactly what's going on."

"Well," she said it like she'd said it a million times before. "Some people pass through this school staying in the neutral dorm and never knowing what the other dorms are. Those who know are not allowed to tell those who don't, we are sworn into secrecy. You have to guess on your own. Rich leaders of the supernatural community send their children here to learn and to recruit elite humans to join their ranks. It's a simple system really. The Black dorm are demons, Crimson are vampires, Amber are werewolves and Silver are fey, Seelie Sidhe fey to he exact. We used to have two other dorms, Weretigers and elementals; but the wolves and tigers fought too much and you can't convert humans into being elementals, you either are one or you aren't... so they were dropped."

"Right," Nix said dryly. "Simple."

"So what are you going to do?" Saraphine looked at us all in turn.

"What else?" Ink spoke up for the first time in a while. He sounded perfectly calm, like he faced situations like this daily, which I knew he did not. "We're getting the hell out of here."