Same Band...New School...New Species?! - 28

He was definitely surprised by my sudden passion, but I just couldn’t help myself. There was something about him, something that igniting a soul-deep need in me. I couldn’t stand the thought of not having this man here with me, it didn’t matter what his man’s stepfather had ordered the death of my parents or that he was possibly my enemy.

“Crystal-” he pushed me back after a moment, breathing heavily. “What’s going on?”

“I- I don’t know,” I admitted, practically panting myself.

“It wasn’t me,” he said, almost to himself.

“What does that mean?” I demanded. What was happening to me?! I am not the kind of girl to kiss guys I hardly know, especially in these circumstances.

He looked down at me, a strange undistinguishable emotion in his eyes.

“Well, since we’re being this honest,” he shrugged. “I might as well tell you that I’m a mage.”

“What?” I asked blankly.

“I’m a mage.”

“What?”

“You know Harry Potter?” he sighed, looking annoyed. “Like that, but without the dresses or wands.”

“But-” I just stared at him, confused. “You said you’re human.”

“I lied.”

“So- what did you do to me?” I demanded. “What was that just now? Why did I kiss you like that?”

“I like to think it’s because of my rugged good looks,” he smirked down at me.

“Ugh!” I clenched my jaw in irritation. “What the hell did you do to me?!”

“Nothing!” he whispered furiously. “God sakes Crystal, I don’t need magic to make a girl kiss me.”

“Lordy you’re so full of yourself,” I shook my head.

“Thank you.”

“That was not me just being a girl,” I told him, still beyond irritated. “It was- strange. It wasn’t me, something compelled me to do it.”

“Something like what?” he asked, clearly not believing me.

“I-” I suddenly got very embarrassed. Why had I felt that need to have him with me? Why did I suddenly feel so compelled to kiss Darren Cross… and more importantly, why did I still feel those emotions?

“Crystal,” he looked down at me, suddenly very serious. “What’s going on.”

“I don’t know!” I hissed, embarrassment making me angry. “I feel- strange.”

“Strange like how?” he demanded, leaning a little closer into me. My heart started thundering from the close contact.

“Strange like- you know…”

“No, I don’t know.”

“I still want to kiss you,” I finally ground out. “I don’t want you to leave this room.”

“Oh-” he sat back suddenly, leaping off of me and off the bed in a single bound. I sat up instantly, something in me rejecting the distance between us. I actually had to fight not to get off the bed and get closer to him… WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO ME?!

“What’s going on?” I demanded harshly. “What have you done to me?!”

“Crystal-” he put a hand towards me, but didn’t move from his position beside the door. “Calm down.”