Same Band...New School...New Species?! - 2

We didn't stop running until we were out of the dorm, then we walked as quickly as possible without arising strange glances. Not that walking calmly would have saved us from the staring. It was the same as when I first got here. They were assessing us, seeing if we were good enough for their dorm.

"Wow, the people sure are friendly," Sparrow sighed, patting my head. "Sorry you had to come in alone Crys."

"Don't worry," I laughed, elbowing. "So you got the kit to storage safely?"

"Yup," he assured. "Safe and sound."

We were outside now, but I have no idea how we got there.

"Is someone taking note of how we got here?" Lyle laughed. "This place is a palace."

"Exactly what I thought," I grinned.

"We can ask for directions," Ink shrugged. "If these stuck up pricks want to stand and stare at the new kids they can at least be useful."

"Ink," Nix glanced at him. "Be nice."

Ink just looked away.

We sat on a huge stone bench that sat at the edge of a massive, gorgeous fountain. The guys sat down first, there was enough room for all of them except

Frost who just didn't shove people out of the way to get a seat. Instead he sat contently down on the ground with his back leaning against the side of the

bench. I plopped down beside him, my back against Nix's legs.

"How was it?" I asked, leaning against his shoulder. "Driving around Rome?"

"You drove around it to get here," he informed me. "How'd you find it?"

"I was asleep," I admitted sheepishly. "None of you would sleep on that bloody plane and I would hardly risk it with you up would I?"

"Now, now, Crys," strong arms pulled me up and dumped me on Lyle's lap. "What did you think we were going to do, paint your face?"

"Yes, actually," I crossed my arms, staring out at the fountain.

"And we naturally carry around face paint?" he laughed.

"You know where my makeup is in my bag," I stayed determined.

"You wound me," he pushed me into Nix's lap. "I would never do such a thing!"

"I would," Nix beamed down at me.

"I know," I yawned widely. "Hence me not sleeping."

"Aww poor baby," Nix petted my head. "You should go to sleep."

"In that room?" I raised an eyebrow. "With that roommate I won't be able to sleep for a month!"

"Only a month?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Oh hello," Sparrow's low voice cut off my reply. I looked up to see Jenna coming up to us, grinning.

"I think I love Rome," Nix laughed as another girl with amber eyes joined her.

"The first one's called Jenna," I informed them, standing up. "She was nice to me before."

"Does that mean she's off limits as a friend?" Sparrow pouted. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know her well enough to call her a friend."

"Good," he grinned.

"Crystal!" Jenna pulled me up into a big hug, I didn't think she was a hugger too. Someone poked my calf with a foot. I kicked back.