#11 - Attention

So, it has been way too long. I am so sorry for this mess but it took forever and I can't look at it anymore. Oh and the "F" word is in here...just a warning. (Mostly for humor but still). Thank you and you're awesome.

This was ridiculous.

Completely unacceptable.

Raven had barely spoken more than five words to him all day. A few glances, a small wave, and five measly words. Damian was not happy. That tantalizing empath not only ignored him, but she had the audacity to ignore him dressed like that. It's like she was trying to torture him, with that damn purple tank top forming to her frame perfectly and those maddening black sweats just loose enough to hang delicately around her. Damian figured she was trying to drive him absolutely insane. He glared at the demoness who continued to read her book without any remorse for her utterly cruel behavior.

She carelessly turned the page, eyes fluttering close and lips parting to release a small yawn

as she stretched out on the couch before settling down again. Did she not have any mercy? He was tempted. Oh, so tempted. Tempted to show her there were consequences for her actions. Only one thing was stopping him from marching over to her and demanding an explanation. Pride. His stupid pride felt this was a test, a test Damian refused to lose. He tried to think about anything other than her ebony hair messily draped over her shoulders, and how she unconsciously traced patterns on the thin pages. Whatever her game was, he was not going to lose.

Nope.

He was not going to admit to wanting her attention. He definitely was not going to ask her for it.

Nope.

He was not going to let her know how much he craved her affection either.

Nope, not a chance.

He was an Al Ghul and a Wayne. He was not weak or needy or desperate for this empath. This empath that crept into his heart and claimed his every thought. This empath who gave him the sweetest of smiles, kindest of hugs, and most addicting of kisses. Damian shook his head violently. Maybe he could just- No. Nope. His hand roughly ran over his face in utmost frustration. Suddenly, a thought struck him. Damian could confront her. Afterall, he was an Al Ghul and a Wayne, and what was more acceptable than a direct confrontation? With a nod in approval, the ex-assassin began to approach the demoness.

He was simply going to confront her.

That's it.

Nothing more.

He was definitely not using this as a pathetic excuse to talk to her. Nope.

Raven brushed the pages back and forth with her thumb. Violet eyes trailed over the printed words, not once lifting off the page. Not once did she even notice Damian watching her every movement, secretly hoping to get her attention. Her violet eyes lingered on the page as if taking in the last few words before flicking them up to his. Raven shifted slightly as he stared down at her with obvious irritation, "Is something wrong?"

He huffed out a short and heavy breath but remained silent. So that's how she wanted to play? As if she was innocent and unknowing in how she was destroying his sanity. Damian had to admit she was good at this, whatever this was. Raven could sense that something was bothering him, so when his lips pursed close and his gaze held its intensity she continued, "Damian? Can I help you?"

Emerald eyes narrowed accusingly as he gave a slight snarl, "You have been occupied lately". Raven stared at him blankly before cautiously closing her book. What was that supposed to mean? Damian was always so straightforward, but she had no idea where he was going with this. "I guess", she hesitated, "Why?"