2

Mika POV.

I walked towards the fire with this Will guy. He was the one normal person I'd met that day. He introduced me to a bunch of other people. I got along really well with a kid named Leo, we're both sixteen. He's the kid Will was talking about when he said some can control fire. He showed me how he can make it dance in his hands without burning himself. I sat for a good ten minutes staring at his hands before he proposed we get some marshmallows to roast.

"So how long have you been here? And like, when did you get your powers? Cause is it kinda like a fairy godmother kinda thing like I just get them at some point? Or an Elsa thing where I already have them." I've been thinking about this all day finally decide to ask. I'm sort of afraid they'll think it's a stupid question, cause they all seem to have it figured out. Maybe I just don't have them, I wouldn't mind too much though. Leo only laughed a bit though and started singing Let It Go until Will walked past and smacked him on the head and he actually answered me.

"I've been here for about two years. As for the fire, mine were like Elsa. I've only been able to control them for a few years. A lot of stuff happened before then when I didn't know though. Hopefully if you have any like mine, you haven't put yourself in any danger. Any weird things that happen to you a lot? It could be something you haven't realized yet."

I racked my brain trying to think of something. "There is one thing. Sometimes when I'm just kind of hanging out, or trying to sleep with the lights on, the lights will turn off on there own. Not like a power outage though, because if I look outside, the place I'm in is the only dark area."

Leo POV.

Before Will introduced us later. I was the person who had to get him to the infirmary. Chiron called me over and I found this Mika kid lying on the ground. He was scrawny Asian kid with silver dyed hair he was lying next to a giant duffel bag about the size of him he was wearing a school cross country sweatshirt and ripped jeans with a jean jacket over everything. I don't know how he wasn't sweating at all, I was in shorts and had ripped the sleeves off my neon orange shirt. I dragged him, well, not literally he was actually really light, And left him with the Apollo kids to fix up.

Now that he was conscious and I actually got to know him a bit. He kind of reminded me of a non emo Nico, maybe he was a Hades kid? Actually wouldn't surprise me too much if Mr. Sadly Doesn't Have Blue Fire Hair claimed him. We chatted for a while longer before people started trickling away from the the for bed. I got up to find some Hermes campers for Mika to go with, when everyone got on their knees. I turned and saw a big poppy above his head. I kneeled, confused though. I felt like I'd seen this one, Persephone? No, that just doesn't work. Chiron walked forward before bowing before a equally confused Mika.

"All hail Mika, son of Thanatos."
————————————————

Oh. Makes sense I guess? Didn't know actual death decided to get cozy with a mortal though. I stood up and almost had to peel Mika off the ground again. He thankfully stayed upright this time.

"Um... so, yay? At least I know one of my biological parents, that's cool. I'm not ready to hear about him yet though. Can I sleep?" Scratch that. Yes, he was upright still, but about to fall asleep standing. I had to keep in a laugh at the sight of him. His eyes were practically closed at this point and was yawning about every five seconds. Chiron smirked before nodding.

"Leo, we don't have a cabin for him, but you two seem to be getting along, we can bend some rules, could he stay with you and the rest of your cabin?" My eyes lit up and I nodded quickly before running off, dragging Mika behind me. We eventually got to Bunker Nine, not necessarily the correct cabin but Chiron said he could stay with me, this counts, right? I showed him around a bit and let him pick between a hammock or actual bed. He didn't really answer but threw bag onto the ground and jumped into the bed and starts snoring in thirty seconds. Impressive. The lights went out as soon as he was asleep. I went to my room, and none of the lights anywhere were working. Great, not just the room your in Mika.