37

Nico found Mika laying on top of the rock wall, staring up at the sky, he laid next to him and waited to see if Mika even realized he was there.

"Mika?" Mika slowly looked over, as if he'd been asleep and jumped slightly when he saw Nico.

"Oh shit sorry i was zoned out. Whatcha doing here?"

"Finding you, what were you thinking about?

how to tell you i'm dying in a month. "Nothing much really just how excited i am the weathers getting colder i love snow so much." He smiled and looked over to Nico.

"Oooh snow sounds great right now the weather here is either hot as fuck or rainy and gross so winter will be nice."

"Yeahh, agh I'm tired." Mika koala bear hugged Nico and put his head on his chest, closing his eyes.

"Your never this cuddly you sure everything's alright?"

Your dad won't even let me down i keep trying to negotiate, make you forget i exist but he just sends me back up. "Yeah just cold and tired, i climbed a lot earlier."

"Oh dammit i was coming to find you to see if you wanted to climb too late i guess, but i like this better." Nico wrapped his arms around Mika and pulled him closer, it was a gloomier day so no one else was out, it was quiet, peaceful, and just them.

"Nico, what's the worst thing your dads done to you? I know that sounds weird just... i don't know never mind."

"No it's ok you can be curious i just gotta think about it for a sec... when i got back from Tartarus, he acted as if i was never gone. I'm sure it could be comforting for some but i just felt as if he didn't even care, he's my only family besides Bianca so it hurt even when i knew he's the fucking god of death. he forgets that as mortals we only have like 80 years of life if we last that long, some of the things that keep us alive are basic affection and him brushing off the trauma id just been through almost pushed me over the  edge. God i'm glad we didn't meet back then i was a mess. Honestly, i don't even know if id make it through something like that again. I may technically be 80 whatever but i'm really just a kid and i don't know if the effort it's taken for me to get this far could help me again..."

    If his dad would just make him forget me he wouldn't have to go through anything else.
    "Damn." Mika looked up at Nicos face, he looked as if he was remembering fond memories even though he'd just reflected on the worst time of his life.

    "Shit sorry that was a lot."

    "No its ok it was a tough question you didn't even have to answer."

    "I don't mind, ha, well i can't ask you about your dad, and i know about your mom... have you ever learned about your biological parents?"

    "Nope, i just know Jenny adopted me from Korea when i was like two or so. I havent asked in forever, i honestly don't really feel the need to know about them i'm sure they had reasons to put me at an adoption center so i don't really think about it often."

"Ahh. What do you think about my dad? You seem curious about him a lot, if your trying to see how Thanatos acts i wouldn't look to Hades. Thanatos is peaceful and gentle and my dads, you know."

Jusr trying to see if there's any chance he'll help you once im gone.
"Oh haha nah i know my dads way different i'm just curious."

"Ahhh yeah i mean i'm sure we seem like the perfect father and son." He rolled around laughing and Mika cracked a smile at Nicos grin.

"Hey you think Will would actually tell Blake he likes them?" Nico had to take at least 20 more seconds to stop laughing before he could answer.

"Ehhhhhh maybe? Leo might have to do it for him he's pretty good at that." Nico smirked at Mika which got him a fake slap on the shoulder.

"Yeah yeah i know fucker."

"Oh come onnnn." Nico leaned in trying to kiss Mika on the cheek.

"OI YOU CANT ACT LIKE AN 80 YEAR OLD MARRIED PERSON."

"I am an 80 year old-"

"NOT MARRIED."

"How do you know?"

"BECAUSE YOU- wait Nico are you actually what the fuck."

"No you dumbass now come here." Nico pulled Mika closer and gave him and kiss on the cheek, leaving Mika looking like a reflection of the strawberries in the nearby field.

"I-well uh."

"Damn we should go find Will your malfunctioning now. We can ask him if he's confessed to Blake also."

"Uh- well, sure yeah."

They walked to the infirmary to find Leo napping on the examination table and Will sitting at the desk writing down supplies he needed restocked.

"Will i broke Mika." Will whipped around looking terrified and stood up grabbing a stethoscope.

"I'm fine Will, Nico on the other hand needs to have his leg checked out he hit it rock climbing."

"Wait what no i didn-"

"Oh my god Nico did? He never gets hurt climbing what did you do? Here Nico sit down i'll check it out." Will shoved Leo off the tables receiving several curse words, but ignored it and sat a protesting Nico down.

"Mika i didn't get hurt you traitor! Will! I'm fine! No you don't need to give me a full checkup i don't care if i haven't gotten one in a year!"

Mika grabbed Leo and they ran away cracking up at Nicos yells, knowing he'd be stuck with Will for at least an hour.