Chapter XVII

It was crazy, we'd only met each other the day before, but who cares? I didn't. Part of me wanted to break free because what he'd just said. So I ignored it and kissed him back. We became one, thirsty for each other's love, increasing every time we touched. He grabbed my waist and I entangled my hands in his hair. I wasn't planning on stopping. The kiss got deeper and deeper. It was the first time I forgot everything else. It felt so good. I grabbed his shirt and put my hands on his sweaty back. He began kissing my neck, making me whisper his name. It was the first time I felt something so intense in my life. At least that I remember.

I couldn't recognize time. I was outside the Maze. Nothing else but Newt's body existed. I wanted to take of his t-shirt, and I knew he wanted to take mine too. Why not? I couldn't resist longer. I took his off as fast as I could. I felt his every muscle. Our heart beats sounded as one. Desire and passion filled us, kept us wanting more and more. The kissing wasn't enough.

And then the Doors opened.

'Oh klunk.' he said.

'I still don't get your strange vocabulary. We should go. Now.'

He put his shirt back on and I straightened mine. All I wanted was to stay there forever, but I couldn't forget the rest of the world. We seemed like kids, running as fast as we could, laughing. I'd never been happier. We reached the doors, were Alby and Minho were waiting.
'You two seem pretty jolly,' said Minho, with a mocking smile.

'I guess you forgot what's going on. Good for you. Now get going. You're late,' Alby said.
I couldn't help but blush. We picked up our backpacks and left. As soon as we passed the Doors, I concentrated, even though we weren't going to run. Since the first time I went out in the Maze, that always happened. It's good I suppose. Still, I couldn't help being a bit distracted by Newt. At least Minho was there.

'I'm sorry for what I said before. I know this isn't the best time to talk about it, but I just need to get it off my chest. I'm not used to having people caring about how I feel, and it's strange,' Newt said
'I get it. I'm also not used to opening to someone like that. I have to admit that I was overprotecting you. I guess that's your job.'

We smiled.

'I was just trying to help, but I see that I was making it worse,' I said.

'Now that everyone's happy, could you please focus on what we're here to do?' Minho said.
The three of us laughed.

'Sorry,' Newt said.

'You guys haven't even noticed you're unarmed.'

'Uhm-' Newt and I looked at each other. We must've left our knives in the Forest.
'Lucky for you, I brought two extra daggers.'

'Minho, our life saver. Thanks,' Newt said.

He handed them to us. We were silent for a while. Still, I kept thinking about what happened with Gally, Newt's breakdown and- well, you know the rest.

'What exactly are we looking for?' I asked.

'No idea,' Newt replied.