Chapter XXXVI

‘This is very clean,’ he said, ironically, as we passed through the dining room.

We entered the corridor that led to the dorms. I gestured Newt to be quiet. He imitated me childishly. Believe me, it was the funniest thing ever. I can’t even describe his face. I could see Rita’s curtain was closed, so the coast was clear.

Our dorms weren't very big. I split the room with Sofia and Rita, curtains dividing our space. My bed wasn't as big as Newt's, but we could still fit in. Newt changed his clothes, and so did I. Seeing his broad shoulders made me want to kiss him, but I knew I couldn't. Newt must've felt the same, because he kissed my neck while I was combing my hair. He picked me up gently, put me in the bed and got on top of me. 

‘Newt, we should go to sleep,’ I tried to say. 

‘But I don't want to,’ he said.

He kissed me again. 

‘But I want to. And when you're sober we can continue this.’

‘Just give me one minute.’

‘Okay then. Just one. Then we stop.’

‘Okay.’

Newt tried to take my shirt off.

‘It’s just one minute,’ I told him.

‘Believe me; we can do a lot in a minute.’

But I didn't let him take it. Things couldn’t- well you know.

I pushed him away after a while.

‘Minute’s over,’ I said.

He smiled, and we both got under the thin blanket. 

‘I’m dizzy,’ he said.

‘If you hadn’t drunk that much...’

‘My head hurts.’

‘Sleep. It’ll help.’

I slept in his arms, his naked chest against my back.

But I still had dreams.